Council

The first Council was conveaned at a slightly stained spruce table where the throne used to sit. The assortment of chairs was random, but nobody really cared. "ALRIGHT NOW. DOWN TO BUSINESS! LET US CLEAR THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. SHOULD WE BREAK THE BARRIER? WE HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH SOULS TO DO IT." Sans immediately shook his head. "sorry bro, but i don't think it's a good idea. the kingdom is only just getting on its feet, monsters are only just starting to switch their diets again, and most importantly we don't know the humans intentions towards us." Aliza gulped. "H-he's not wrong about the humans... there's a lot of... bad people.." Grillby nodded as well. "And he's correct about the rest. Monsters are unstable right now. Most has little to no insanity. I'm sure you both still have your moments of relapse as I do?" Sans gave a solemn nod as his hand reached up to the hole in his head. You caught it and gave a firm, yet comforting squeeze. "Perhaps at a later date, when we are more stable as a kingdom, we could come back to this subject, but I think we all agree that it's a no for now." The others, yourself included, nodded. "VERY WELL THEN. NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS,  HELPING OUR PEOPLE."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Sans spoke of a sickness in the Ruins and that some of them might have escaped. Is there a way to help them?" You questioned. "the only way to help them now is to kill them. there's no saving whatever is left of their dying souls." Sans replied. "How do we tell who's sick and who's not?" Grillby asked. "from what i've seen, they secrete a strange black substance from all their cavities. eyes, ears, mouth. anything like that should be killed on sight before it spreads." Solemn nods around the table. "For those that are unaffected by whatever this is should have daily distributions of food so they don't think of me- us! as food." Papyrus gave an immediate nod of approval. "I AGREE! LET US CHANGE OUR PEOPLE'S DIETS AROUND ONCE MORE! THAT SHOULD HELP STABILIZE THINGS!"
"Aliza and I should avoid contact with monsters outside of Snowdin until they're more accepting of humans. I can't defend myself with magic right now, the baby is taking a lot of it." Sans and Papyrus both nodded in agreement.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"OK! WE WILL ALL HAVE OUR OWN SECTIONS TO DO THEN! HUMANS, YOU WILL STAY IN SNOWDIN AND DISTRIBUTE FOOD THERE THAT SANS WILL LEAVE IN THE HOUSE FOR YOU!" You and Aliza both nodded, accepting your given task. "SANS YOU WILL CLEAR SNOWDIN AND WATERFALL OF THE INFECTED AND DISTRIBUTE FOOD IN WATERFALL!" Sans gave a mock salute. "sir, yes sir."
"GRILLBY, YOU WILL CLEAR HOTLAND OF IT'S INFECTED AND DISTRIBUTE FOOD THROUGHOUT THERE." Grillby gave a formal bow. "I WILL CLEAR NEW HOME OF IT'S INFECTED AND DISTRIBUTE FOOD THERE. ONCE ALL IS SAID AND DONE, WE WILL CONCLUDE WITH CLEARING OUT THE RUINS SO THAT NO MORE INFECTED CAN GET OUT." With the final nods of agreed, the council was adjourned. Sans took you home first. "ya look tired. you should take a nap before you start." You stretched and stifled a yawn. "What about Aliza?" Sans rolled his eye. "she's a big girl, she can take care of herself. besides, if she does die, she'll just come back like always." You frowned. "Sans." He shrugged unapologetically. "i made my peace with her, but don't mean i like her." He disappeared.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You stubbornly refused to take a nap and when the food basket was delivered, you and Aliza started your task of handing food to starving monsters. Many tried to take Aliza as the meal, but were quickly told off by you. "... so what made you become friends with Sans and Papyrus? How did you get Sans to, uh, that." She pointed at your distended stomach. "That story, Aliza, begins when I first fell years ago. This wasn't the first time. Sans found me and helped me out of the Ruins. This was a time before the famine, when the King and Queen were still alive, and before Sans got that hole in his skull. Monsters were peaceful creatures back then.." You trailed off. "R-really..? You’ve been here before... all this..?"
"Mmhm." You replied. "Notice how they call me 'The Human of Snowdin'? Back then I was 'The Child of Snowdin'. The entire town knew me, loved me, and protected me. Sans most of all." You explained. "What happened? Why did you leave?" You released a strained and tired chuckle. "I got sick and the monsters didn't know how to help me..."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Magic stirred within their soul, reddish eyes opening in the dark. They were still alive. And what was supposed to be their downfall was active once more. They could feel it in their soul. Did that mean he was alive? Just thinking about him made them want to murder. Oh feeling of that fine powder coating their magical blades, their arms, their hair... it made them excited. Maybe it was time to take that mantle once more. Play that fun little game again. If someone else hadn't taken the power from them. Nobody could EVER be more determined then them. They had to get ready. They wanted to show him some new toys before they surprised him with their... gift. It was truly the best thing Toriel had ever given them as a mother.

2 chapters left