Safe Place

You initially panicked when Sans passed out on you. You didn't know if he was dying or something along those lines. With how light he was though, carrying him actually made things a bit easier, though it did strain your back a little, the  gashes burned and blood had long since soaked your shirt, but you knew where you were going that was close and hopefully the water would keep the other creatures at bay. Fuck, how were you going to swim with Sans and his axe in your grasp? You'd likely have to leave it at shore. It would leave you and Sans defenseless though.. you huffed. One thing at a time. Your lives were top priority. So with a small Skeleton in one arm and an axe that may have been just the same weight as him, maybe heavier, in the other you started backtracking a small bit. Not too far, but far enough. Just a little out of Temmie territory if you remembered correctly. You'd made it this far without them knowing, you could do it again. It was just a matter of staying coherent long enough because honestly, you were about as out of it as Sans.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You stared at the river ahead of you. If you could place yourself at the right bank, this would go super smoothly and you could cross without a cinch. If you didn't though... well damn, you'd probably drown trying to fight against the current and that's the LAST thing you wanted. You put down the axe and the unconscious Skeleton and scoped the banks. It took a bit of time to find it, you AND Sans were bleeding out, but you finally found the bank you were looking for. As you went to retrieve the Skeleton, you backtracked your thoughts. Sans was bleeding? How the hell does a Skeleton bleed?! You had to shake off the thought as you waded into the water, deeper and deeper. You hissed when the water made contact with your cuts but kept going. It would be worth it in the end. When you could hardly touch, you positioned yourself into a back float, keeping Sans on top of you so he could breathe. Could he breathe since he could bleed? The current started pushing you to your destination.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Hobbling onto the shore on the other side was nice. So was seeing no hint of blood or dust. It was the same old bench and echo flower you remembered, excluding the fact that the echo flower was dead. Still, you groaned in relief. Sweet, sweet normalcy. Seemed that Sans Secret Spot was the only untouched area in the Underground. You put Sans down on the bench with the intention of grabbing some bandages for you both only to realize... your backpack wasn't with you. Fuuuuuuck. Where'd you have it last? When did you misplace it? You couldn't afford to go back to Gerson's Shop to see if it was there, not in the sorry state you were in. You whined and sank down into the bench yourself. Well... you couldn't just do nothing..you would have to use the material you had, after if dried off, of course. Lucky for you, you were in a long-sleeve [F/Show] shirt and [F/S] leggings. Plenty of fabric to tear apart for makeshift bandages. You even managed to find holes in your leggings to start ripping at. The sleeves were a bit harder, but you managed. Your back admittedly, was going to take up the most fabric.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Once it was as dry as you could get it, the ripping and bandaging began, starting with your back before you moved on to Sans wounds. You had to remove his hoodie and shirt to get them all. You'd never seen a monster soul before, despite having one fused to yours. Sans was dim and cracked, it looked painful. You wished you could heal it, but you were out of magic. It didn't help that the remaining food was now soaked too. Maybe.. you didn't actually know if the packaging was leakproof and now wasn't the time to find out. You checked over your work and tossed Sans jacket back on him. Sleep sounded freaking amazing right now, but there was just one more thing you wanted to do. You dragged yourself to your feet and sat heavily next to the echo flower. You wanted to know the last thing THIS ONE heard.. you brushed your fingers along the dead petals and you heard... sniffling. Crying. Someone was crying. "i miss her, i want her back... please [Y/N], come back to me.." That had been Sans. Your Sans.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sans stirred and lifted himself up from his position slowly. He looked at his surroundings, so familiar, but just not there. He was actually shocked at the lack of blood and Dust and shocked that his soul was exposed. He got back into his shirt and jacket real quick. Not before he noticed what you'd done though. You'd gotten them out of there... alive... using... magic? It had to be magic, but how in stars name did someone like you get freaking magic? Asgore's magic, if he remembered that correctly. So.. you fused souls with Asgore, which is how you'd gotten to the Surface? He easily crossed out that you killed him for it, he knew now the kind of human you were. It was something he'd have to ask later, he supposed. But speaking of you... he spotted you passed out next to a lone echo flower. In his experience, one should never touch an echo flower unless said monster wanted to hear agony. He wasn't feeling very up to it. Sans got up and picked you up, carrying you over to the bench. He had his rest, now it was your turn.