Lost It

As Sans said, the Amalgamates weren't very pretty and they were also highly unfriendly. They were downright terrifying actually. They looked to be in a constant melting state with blood still somehow stuck on their legs and jaws. There was four of them, one long ass bird creature, one looked like a bird mixed with carrots, one seemed to be a horseman with a weird you didn't even know what his face was, and the last was a big ass dog creature with multiple legs and no mouth. Sans didn't even hesitate to go nuts on them, he may have been a tad more sane, but his killer instinct was still there. He was going to murder anything he perceived as a threat and these, whatever they were, were a threat to you. You were a little less willing to kill them like Sans was trying to, focusing instead on simply keeping them away until you thought of something. What would a starving dog do? "Sans! Throw me some food!" Sans glared at you as the canine pinned him, his axe cut deep into its melted form, forcing it to step off. "why?!" You sighed impatiently and summoned a few tridents to make them back off a little. Then you ran to Sans, hugging him from behind so you could dig through his pocket.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sans blushed on contact as you pulled out some trailmix and opened it up. The Amalgamates froze at the sound. You wiggled the bag a little and threw it down the hall, the Amalgamates chased after it. "that was a waste." Sans tried to recover himself, frowning. "But it got them off our backs. Let's go." The Skeleton sighed. "don't do it again or there will be consequences." You were comfortable around Sans and he knew it. His threat held nothing to you. You both traveled deeper into the lab, following a path that lead directly to the C.O.R.E, if you recalled correctly. "Sans?" The Skeleton had froze suddenly, pupil shrinking a little. His grip tightened on the axe, smile growing wide and insane as his 'eye' expanded again, filling the entire socket with its crimson glow. "alphys." He hissed, almost sounding giddy. You didn't know who the fuck Alphys was but you did know that you couldn't let Sans get to her. The look in his eye wasn't just a look of murder, he was looking to torture until 'Alphys' was dust.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"Sans no!" You blocked the way with your body, already feeling like this was a terrible idea, and it was, he easily pushed past you. You stabbed tridents into his path, he tore them apart with his axe. You blocked the path with fire, he made a shortcut past it. "Sans! Stop!" You tried to push him back. He shoved you into the wall with a snarl, holding you by the throat. " y o u a r e d r y i n g m y p a t i e n c e . " You were so shocked by his harshness towards you that you didn't try to fight back or go after him once he let you go. You simply tried to regain much needed breath instead. Whatever sanity Sans had was gone. Whoever Alphys was,  was fucked. He was on a death mission. You stood up on shaking legs. You had to find him, get your Sans back. The Sans that you could trust, the Sans that wanted to protect you. The Sans that you fell for.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

The strangled scream made you cringe. It was followed by quiet whimpers and Sans harsh, chilling voice. "now let's see if it grows back.." You pushed onwards, afraid of what you'd see but wanting to stop whatever was going on. "S-Sans.." You stepped into the room slowly, the Skeleton looming over a squat, yellow, scaled creature. There was bandages around its eyes and it was bleeding heavily from somewhere near its lower back. Sans was holding something of the same color, you realized that he'd cut off its tail. Sans didn't look at you, his gaze was riveted on the yellow creature. It did though. "H-help m-me.." She pleaded quietly. Sans slammed his axe into her shoulder, making her scream again, you had to cover your eyes. " o n e m o r e w o r d a n d i ' l l s h o v e i t d o w n y o u r t h r o a t . " He was smiling as if that was the best idea in the world. "actually..." He crouched down, and tossed her tail into her lap so he could pry her jaws open. "let's do that."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"SANS PLEASE!!" You begged, finding the determination to run to him and hug him from behind. "Please... please make it stop..!" You sobbed into his back. He stayed still, frozen stiff in place. Then, he finally shifted his position, moving to sit down and hold you, you could barely see the bone that tore through Alphys throat as he finished her quickly as you cried. "i'm sorry, woman, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to hurt you or scare you.." He whispered. "you gotta understand, alphys and her bitch girlfriend made me like this. gave me.." He didn't have to say it. You knew he was talking about his skull. You just hugged onto him. He blinked slowly, something whispered in the back of his mind, just within reach.. Sans frowned instantly. "don't say that. you can't free us." You looked shocked. "Why not? I thought you would be happy that I'm going to free the monsters?" He shook his head. "dad explained it to me. one, we need seven human souls to break the barrier. you have only one. two, that means you have to die, and i don't want you to die [Y/N]."