Happy Revelations

"How long does it take to replace the window anyway? You know that's going to have to be replaced once the Imprint starts this place up, right?"
"you control the output of magic, surely ya can shut the damn thing down long enough for me to replace the fucking window- are you ok?" Sans looked at you as you leaned your head against the cool metal of the C.O.R.E. "Just a little nauseous, I'll be fine." You replied, quickly getting back to work. Sans tilted his skull in confusion. "you're getting sick?" You gave him a goodnatured eye roll. "I'll be ok Sans. It happens sometimes. I'm not going to get as sick as I did last time- I can take care of it before it gets to be that bad again." You set to reassuring him as his expression got increasingly more worried. "still... maybe you should take a break. i can finish up down here and shortcut you hom-"
"No, no! I'm ok, really Sans! If I get any worse, THEN you can shortcut out, but you need your magic right now." You leaned over and kissed his cheekbone. Sans huffed and nodded after a minute. "fine."

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

When you got back, Sans made you lay down. You supposed he didn't want to take any more chances after that last time, all those years ago. The Skeleton sat beside you, pressing his hand to your forehead. "... you don't feel hot.." You pushed Sans arm away, taking his hand in yours. "I swear I'm fine hun, this isn't like last time. It is most likely due to lack of food. That happens to humans sometimes." Sans looked skeptical, but sighed, resigning to lay beside you. "i don't like this."
"Nobody likes being sick or when a loved one is sick." You pointed out. Sans pulled you into him and pinned you there. "i don't wanna repeat." You exhaled slowly, trying to calm the nausea you felt. "I don't want to repeat either." You groaned suddenly when you realized you had to get up. "what. what's wrong?" His grip loosened so he could sit up to look at you. "It's nothing really, I just gotta use the bathroom, but I am comfortable.." You complained as you sat up yourself. "ugh, don't scare me like that.." Sans complained as you left him for the bathroom.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You messaged your aching head as Sans offered what remained of your snacks. Honestly you were shocked they managed this long. "'nother headache." You nodded slowly. "We should try to save that just a little bit longer." Sans eye narrowed. "it's been a good while since you ate, a good few weeks. you're tired all the time, you're hurting everywhere-"
"A headache and a stomach ache isn't everywhere."
"and you're sick, you need something." You looked wearily at Sans before giving in. "Fine... but only after a bathroom break." Sans narrowed his sockets suspiciously as you left. This sickness, if it was a sickness, was definitely different from last time. He was well aware of that now. Your symptoms were starting to look more and more like symptoms for- "Hand it over Shorty." Sans blinked and looked up at you. "m'k." He dropped a little of what was left into your hands. If he was right, he was going to have to feed you daily until the last Runes were gone and the Imprint was complete. He hoped that he was right.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"you look like you seen a ghost sugar, what's wrong?" Sans questioned innocently as he handed you a granola bar. "What's wrong? I never said anything was wrong, I'm fine you're fine, it's all dandy." Your cycle was late. "i'm pretty sure that's denial i'm hearing." You weren't in denial, you were in shock. "How long have you.." When did Sans notice? "eh, a few days or so after your 'sickness' started." Right. That made sense. "I'm..." Having a baby. Sans baby. "i think so, yeah." Shit, you really needed to get a move on if you were going to provide for your baby. "I'm gonna be a mom.." You muttered in disbelief. Sans had been worried of what your reaction would be, but he could see your growing excitement. His grin widened. "oh man, paps is gonna love this." He could already imagine Papyrus saying something along the line of "OH MY STARS, A MINI SANS AND [Y/N]!!!! IT BETTER NOT TAKE AFTER YOU!" Sans chuckled. "WE GOTTA FIX THE C.O.R.E NOW SANS!!! WE CAN'T SUPPORT THIS BABY ON SNACKS ALONE!!" You grabbed his shoulders and shook him. He was quick to trap you in a hug. "i know that. let's get this damn thing done so we can have plenty of food, yeah?"

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

That's what you did. Day by day you and Sans worked to rid the C.O.R.E of the last of the Runes, not just for the rest of the Underground, but for the baby too. "Sans?" He hummed absent-mindedly as he worked a Rune down. "I want you to be the one to do the actual Imprint." He paused and looked at you. "why...? it's your design, you should have the honor of saving the underground or whatever." You rolled your eyes at his words. "Yeah but I still know next to nothing about actually repairing it or turning it on, or how it even works. You do. YOU should have the honor of saving the Underground and our baby." Sans didn't reply. He knew you had a point. He father had taught him... everything about the C.O.R.E. as far as repairing the machinery inside. It was this, what you were doing now, that he couldn't fix. The power source. "well alright then. i'll do it." He finally agreed, leaning back as the last Rune was scraped away.