Hunted

With your backpack slung over your shoulders and Sans at your side with his axe in tow, you took to the road. You tried not to think of the human child that Papyrus would be consuming soon, or the dangers that even Sans said he'd had difficulty with in the past. Your mission was to get out of Snowdin and into Waterfall today. Or was it night? You could never tell. At least you were adjusting to the darkness yourself. You could just barely make out silhouettes in the darkness now. At least you had Sans to help guide you. Especially when you did get to the fog. It was already impossible to see through, this was bound to be an interesting experience. There was a few monsters along the way that were quickly killed by Sans or was to starved and couldn't get up to hunt you. There was more dust that you'd found though, on your journey. The sights were upsetting and you were filled with determination to try and help those remaining. That was, if they weren't to far gone to be helped.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

"stay away from him." Sans growled as he noticed you approaching a blue rabbit monster that was struggling to get up. "I remember, when you introduced me to Nice Cream... NCG new our favorite flavors by heart. You always got a Blue Moon Nice Cream, while I enjoyed the Snowdin Flurry... it is... hard. Seeing such a friendly guy reduced to this.." You stopped a couple feet from NCG, a groan leaving him. "Feed me... f-feed me.." He begged. Sans walked over and grabbed you by the hand. "leave him." Sans tugged you away but you were thrown off by the gesture. He was... holding your hand... you TRIED not to dwell on it too much, but ended up asking anyway. "Sans." He ignored you. "Sans, why are you holding my hand. "need you close. the dogs like to use the fog as a cover to attack, and your senses are too weak to know when you will get attacked. can't afford for you to die, human." That... made sense. You still felt oddly disappointed though. For a moment, you thought you had your friend back. But it couldn't be that easy.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

You stopped a moment at the fog as Sans stared at it, seemingly trying to judge whether it was safe to go in or not. You could see an odd glimmer in his single red eyelight, though you weren't sure if you were reading him right. Was it fear? Uncertainty? Worry? You simply couldn't tell. Maybe it was all of the above. He sighed and gave a small tug, signifying that you were going in. Once more you were plunged into sightlessness with a murderer as your guide. You chuckled, but only because the punchline of that joke was that the said murderer was your best friend and always would be. You felt yourself bump into Sans back as his grip tightened. "they're coming.." He murmured. He then picked up the pace, hoping to get passed the area before they got to them. From the sounds of it, an entire pack of five or so was coming, and he couldn't fend them all off at once. Soon you heard them too. Growls. All around you. Tracking you. Hunting you. How were you two supposed to make it out of here alive without killing any of them?

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Sans had to let go as he was tackled, officially leaving you alone. Something fuzzy slammed into you as well, knocking you down biting into your shoulder. You screamed and summoned fire to defend yourself with, simply trying to keep them away. From the sound of the yelp, you either hit it, or Sans killed one. You couldn't be too sure. You summoned tritants with hopes of pinning the furry fiends. The task wasn't easy but you managed to catch and pin a black and white one, and a male and female of them. A nasty little ankle biter quite literally got your ankle though. With a hiss you tried to get it off, trapping it by the neck as you pried it's jaws off you. You limped away hoping for the damn nightmare to end- and hoping their wasn't more. You nearly screamed as something touched your injured shoulder. It pulled away quickly. "you're hurt.." Sans voice came through the fog. Then you were being lifted up and carried away. "S-Sans.." He rumbled in acknowledgement. "i've got you now. you're safe now." He couldn't help but wonder, what happened to the others? Something he could dwell on, when they were safer.

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Finally they left the fog and you made a noise of disappointment. "No more magical blue glow yet Snowdin can have blizzards and fog? Not fair!" You complained through gritted teeth. You'd definitely have to heal yourself when you had the magic to again. "... no its not, but the dark and long grass make good cover from the likes of mk." Sans walked over to what looked like a station and tucked you underneath before joining you himself. "this'll be our last chance to rest for a very good while. you should take it and after we can look for something for your injuries." He closed his sockets, allowing no room for conversation. You hissed out a sigh. "Ok then, good night, Sans.." You could heal yourself when you wake up. You closed your own eyes, hoping the dogs wouldn't trap you again. You pushed away thought of them, the injuries, and tried to ease yourself back into a small slumber. Maybe you would be rewarded with some food, because you were starving. Slowly, slowly you finally drifted off.