Chapter 9

A/N Emma's college outfit above ;)
________________

Emma's POV

We laid there for another ten minutes in silence, but it wasn't awkward, it was just a nice silence.
"Do you want to go somewhere?" Joe spontaneously said.
"Sure. Where?" I questioned sitting up.
"Just out."
"Ok." I nodded and stood up to grab my makeup. I picked up my foundation and Joe grabbed my wrist.

"Don't. It's only me. You've got no one to impress." He chuckled and blushed slightly. I giggled in return and put my foundation down. I applied a coat of mascara after persuading Joe to give me it as he'd stolen my makeup bag from my desk to prevent me putting any on.

We proceeded to leave the apartment and head down the street, towards a little restaurant. This was the first place Joe took me for a meal when I first moved here. It was always quiet but not too quiet, the perfect place for lunch.

The waitress came to take our order and Joe ordered for both of us. I'm socially awkward so this is a regular occurrence, and since we'd been here before, he already knew what I wanted.

"I start college in a few weeks." I stated to pop the bubble of awkwardness between us.
"Yeah, I know. Do you want me to take you? It's on my way to the roof I'm working on anyway so it will be no trouble."
"That'd be great!" I sighed in relief as I'd been taking public transport everywhere I went seen as though I hadn't got a car in England yet. I had my licence, just never found the time to actually purchase a car.

In no time, our orders arrived. I went for the Hawaiian pizza and Joe went for the mixed grill (as I believe they call it here).
"Mind if I vlog?" Joe said.
"No not at all." I started watching Joe's and Zoe's videos after they mentioned them a week ago. Zoë was amazing at beauty and they were both hilarious (Joe definitely in particular). I'd seen a few vlogs and I completely get why someone would want that type of footage to look back at in a few years.

He got his camera out and started saying the usual 'hey guys' and showing his food and what not. All of a sudden the camera was pointed at me and I was obviously in a world of my own. I saw Joe laughing hysterically at me from behind the camera so I flipped him off and did a sarcastic smile at the lens.

After eating and chatting we strolled back to his place. I said that I needed to go back to my apartment to Skype Charlie about a new job interview she had had that day.

Joe's POV

I was gutted Em had to go but she had her excuses and I couldn't exactly have forced her to stay. She said bye and I pecked her lips, my mind clearly not being straight. I quickly apologised and she said it was fine but I could tell it wasn't. Before I could say anything else she had walked away. God Joe!

Emma's POV

He kissed me. I wasn't angry, I was confused. I was confused to why he did it, but I was more confused as to why I liked it.

My life was so messed up.

***********************

A FEW WEEKS LATER

It was the morning of college and waking up at 7 wasn't exactly the way I liked to start my day. I rolled out of bed after hitting snooze a few times and began to get ready, I had a shower, not washing my hair and grabbed a floral crop top. I paired it with a knee length, high-waisted black skater skirt. It was really warm today but I would take my black kimono as the weather here is very unpredictable!

I continued to do my makeup, adding a light layer of foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer and blusher. For eye makeup, I went with neutrals, mascara, winged eye liner and I filled my brows in naturally with an eyeshadow. Lastly cam my lips, which I added a Barbie pink lipgloss to after applying a lip liner.

By the time I had finished my makeup, my curling iron had heated up so I began waving the blonde ends of my hair. I had it dip dyed a few weeks ago and I love it!

It was 9:30 and Joe was picking me up in 15 minutes, luckily after the 'kiss' we both agreed it was a misunderstanding and we should both just forget about it. But now I couldn't control how I felt for Joe. One minute I wanted friends and knew it was the best but then the next I just wanted to pull him into a hug and kiss him. I know I said I wasn't ready for a relationship but now I just don't know. You can't control who you fall for.

I grabbed my phone and threw it into my bag as well as my timetable and sunglasses. I laced up my black converse and placed my hat on my head as it complimented my hair nicely.

I raced over to the door as a knock chimed through my apartment and headed out. I was so excited I couldn't contain it! Basically, I was a balloon filled with confetti, about to explode.

___________________

Quite weird ending but oh well 😂
I'm beginning to write Chapter 10 tonight because it is when she meets all her new friends in college! And my friend Ellie is so excited about her being in this it's unreal! But I love her anyway ❤️

Thanks for reading!
Vote
Comment
Em x