Chapter 16

Tears pricked at my eyes as the door hit the wall. Joe's head shot to my direction  at the sound and Niomi immediately stood up from his lap, removing her lips from his. I stormed out of the room before either one of them could try to explain.
"Ok guys party's over." I choked, barging into my room.
"Woah Em, what's wrong?" Marcus came up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, clearly trying to comfort me but also trying to keep his own balance at the same time.
"I think you should ask Niomi."

They all left and I locked the door. Ignoring the loud slams at it, I threw myself onto the bed and broke down into loud sobs. A few minutes passed, my name was being called from behind the door but I knew who it was, and there was no way I was letting him into 'our' room. I felt my eyes droop and my breathing began to get heavier. Before I knew it, I'd fallen into a deep sleep, tear stains on my cheeks and an empty space lingering next to me.

Joe's POV

I watched her leave, her lip quivering. I trailed my eyes to Niomi and then back to the floor. My feet carried me to the outside of my door of which I slammed my fist hard against, no matter how much it crippled my knuckles.
"Em?" I said leaning against the frame. "Please Emma, let me explain. I'm so sorry." The sound of cries were all that came from the other side, then they died down, then there was nothing more than silence.

I slid down the back of the door and rested my head in my hands. The worst thing about this was that I knew what I was doing, I couldn't even blame the drink. I would've knocked on someone's door too see if I could stay the night, but I didn't deserve it. I deserved exactly what I had. Nothing.
"I love you..."

****************

I woke to the sound of suitcase wheels rolling down the hall. I blinked to focus my eyes to see a blonde haired girl recognisable as Niomi entering the lift. I decided to just ignore it and check my watch (my phone was obviously out of charge). 7:15. No one would be up apart from Marcus, another person who's going to hate me. Everyone will hate me. I hate myself.

There was no way anyone would like me. I knew I had to do exactly what Niomi did, move to a different hotel and beg for Em's forgiveness. I don't even know what ran through my mind, I was trying to find Emma to see what time she was coming back and stumbled across Niomi getting her laptop out for a meeting she'd mentioned earlier in the day. Then it just happened, I can't even remember what came over me. I'm such a fricking idiot.

I heard a shuffle coming from behind our door so I took the opportunity to try my hardest to get Emma to open it.
"Em?" I spoke quietly, trying not to disturb anyone else.
"Please leave Joe." Her voice cracked at the end and it broke my heart, I hated seeing her upset.
"Em, please just open the door." A few minutes passed and the door slowly opened. She looked broken.

Emma's POV

I hesitated before letting him see me but I deserved at least an explanation. I wanted an explanation.
"Can I please come in?" He questioned.
"I think it's best you don't."
"I don't know what came over me, it just happened. It's as if I wasn't even me. I love you."
"I just happened? I don't want any shit Joe. I think it's best that you leave. If you really 'love' me, you'll leave." It broke me to let him go, but I didn't want to look at his face any longer. He hurt me, a lot.
"I'm sorry." He mumbled a final time as I closed the door.

I slumped back down onto the bed and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. A few Twitter notifications popped up but that was about it. The time read 8am, and I knew no one would be up yet but I wanted to make the most of what was supposed to be a great holiday, so I proceeded to get ready into a casual outfit of high waisted shorts and a black and white, striped crop top. I'd brought a black leather backpack for the day we were going to Orlando, but it would do for today.

I had no idea where I was going to go, I suppose I'll just see where I end up. I looked myself up and down in the mirror, before sighing and exiting the room. I slipped my sunglasses down my head to shield my eyes as the blazing sun blinded me.

My feet carried me in the direction of some hills and what seemed like a dusty road. Luckily I took plenty of water so I wouldn't get dehydrated. The walk erased my mind and I slowly felt my body relax more and more, the further away I got from my hotel.

I must've been walking for a couple hours, no distractions. Just the soothing Florida breeze and views that make your imagination leap wildly into a million different scenarios. It was beautiful. I stopped at a derelict beach with waves as calming as the peaceful patter of London rain, which I could really do with right now, in the comfort of my own home, sitting on the ledge of my window, people watching.

I hiked up a tall mound of grass to get a better view of the ocean and stopped at the highest point and sat there for ages. A playlist of songs on repeat at the loudest they could go. This was the life I wanted to live. I wanted to adventure to places no one would ever bother to try.

I let myself drift off into a light whilst the music rang in my ears.