Chapter 10

Ellie's outfit above ;)

____________________________

As I walked into college I saw a girl walk over to me. She had mid-length ombré brown hair and a smile on her face. She was physically fitter than me and her outfit complimented her figure.

"Hi! You must be Emma! I'm Ellie and that's my friend Madie stood over there!" The girl who I now knew as Ellie said to me. I looked over to Madie and she had short brown hair and she was quite petit as well as Ellie. To everyone else, they were probably regular height, but to me they were small because I myself am quite tall.

"Yes, hi! How did you know me?" I laughed.
"Oh, everyone's been talking about you! We don't really get students from America often!" She was really bubbly and clearly excited that she was the first one to talk to me. It made me feel happy and extremely welcomed. She continued to introduce me to her boyfriend Elijah, Madie and her boyfriend Toby, and a bunch of other people.

We continued the day by exchanging numbers and obviously having classes. Surprisingly we had a lot of classes together. Mainly Elijah though, he was studying law like me. I wish I could study art. It was my passion.

I talked to Elijah but I also met a guy called Riley. He had dirty blond hair which was just kind of ruffled. We got along well and had the same interests.

At lunch we all sat together and I sat between Riley and Ellie. They were all laughing and joking and I knew I was lucky to have found such a friendly group of people, who were all willing to show me around may I just add.

I sensed tension between Ellie, Elijah and Riley. Elijah was being very protective and shooting looks of hatred Alfie's way. I decided it was best to leave it and just ask Ellie over the phone.

As I walked to class with Riley we talked about what we aspired to be. I told him about my passion for art and he wanted to be sports teacher. I was in the same boat as him. Family business.

We had a teacher called Mr Fitz who was aged in his early twenties (he wasn't bad looking either). But he was my teacher after all. I giggled at the thought as I took my seat next to a girl. She seemed shy and kept to herself. I obviously was going to talk to her and try to help her feel more confident as its clear she doesn't have a lot of it.

The end of the day neared and I grabbed Riley's number before I left on my journey to the bus station. I stood there on my phone texting Madie and Ellie until I saw a blue fiesta that was recognisable as Joe's. Before I knew it, he pulled up and motioned for me to get in. I did so and we talked about university.

"Make any friends?" Was the first question he asked.
"Oh loads! Apparently I had been known at the school for a while because they rarely get transfer students from America."
"Any special friends?" He smirked.
"No..." I dragged out. I really only had eyes for one person right now, and he was sitting beside me.

We continued talking and sang along to songs on the radio, both sounding like strangled cats. Well, I did anyway. Joe was actually alright. When we pulled up outside the block of apartments, we headed up to his and Caspar's apartment. I walked in to see Caspar watching AHS. I sat on the sofa and threw my bag on the chair opposite me.

"Caspar we need to film a collab for Sund-"
"Shhh" We both hushed in unison, concentrating on the screen. Joe moved my bag and sat on the chair, holding his hands up in surrender.

A few hours of American Horror Story later, Caspar had to film with Joe. I went to watch because I'd never really seen a YouTuber film before, and it was fair to say I was quite intrigued. Joe filmed his video first. They were doing a Q&A / Dare Video. I sat behind the camera to make sure it was in focus all of the time, as to the boys request.

I put a thumbs up and Joe began his intro. They did a bunch of dares and answered loads of questions and I tried so hard to contain my laughter, but by the end I was in stitches. After calming down, Joe decided to end the video. Joe smirked at Caspar and I heard my name being mentioned.

"And also, a big thank you to our beautiful camera lady who's helped us film this video! Say hi Em!" I shook my head and refused but Joe grabbed my wrist and pulled me into shot. I smiled sarcastically as he slung his arm around my shoulders and waved at the camera.

Joe got up and switched off the camera.

"Really?" I said to him. "You know I'm socially awkward."
"Em, it's a camera. Calm down." Him and Caspar chuckled and then began Caspar's video.

*********************

I grasped my phone from the counter and saw I had a new message from Riley:

Going to Nanados later with a few friends. Tag along?

It read. I really wanted to go but to be perfectly honest I just wanted a takeaway movie night.

I typed a quick reply telling him I had already made plans and that I would do it another time. I said he'd and flopped on the sofa, stretching my legs out as I did so, then moving them so Joe could sit down and resting them on his lap.

We decided to order Chinese and watch The Purge, but I just texted Charlie because it didn't really interest me much. Ok that's a lie. It's because it scares the shit out of me. It's the masks. I'm getting shivers just talking about it. Forever wimp.

I tried hard to concentrate on my phone but it can be quite the challenge when all you can hear in the background is bodies being slashed by axes. As I got up from my seat, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it and payed for the Chinese, after practically begging Joe to let me pay.

I sat up and began to eat after getting some cutlery for us. I put my phone away and covered my eyes with a pillow, shielding them from the screen. That was until Joe very rudely threw it across the room.

I jumped a few times and I even think I kneed Joe in the face once but he was ok (I think). After the film, I decided to go home, not wanting to fall asleep at theirs again especially because I had university tomorrow.

When I got into bed, I skyped Charlie for a few hours before switching to Netflix. A few episodes of Pretty Little Liars later and I was exhausted. I drifted off to sleep with the good memories of today replaying in my head.

_______________________

So I'm currently writing this at 999 views!! 1k would be amazing and I'm so grateful for everyone that reads this and votes for my Chapters! Also thanks to all my friends for giving me ideas and inspiration because as you may have noticed I have been updating more often in the past few weeks!

Thanks so much guys!!

Vote
Comment
Em x