Chapter 21

This chapters probably pretty boring but you can't skip it because you won't get what's going on so sorry. Try to make the most of it.

_______________________

I felt my eyes widen when I opened them to see the familiar face staring back at me, the same expression wiped across his face. Instead of speaking, I turned my focus to Harry, who looked at me questioningly, with his bodyguard walking him to the entrance of the restaurant.

"I, um, I gotta go." Were the only words that managed to escape my lips before I paced away from the boy I'd fallen in love with two years ago.
"Wait, Emma!" I heard shouts grow more and more distant as I entered the restaurant to where my boyfriend sat, a smile spread across his face and a menu held in his hands.

"Where were you back then?" He asked, slight jealousy hinting in his tone.
"Just needed a bit of a break from the fangirls." I sighed.
"Wasn't that Joe you were talking to?"
His jealousy became more obvious and hurt set across in his eyes, until I placed my hand on top of his and reassuringly said, "Hey, look at me." His gaze pulled away from the window, proceeding to stare straight at me. "I love you. Joe and I had a thing, not possible of happening again, ok? Trust me."
"I do trust you, it's him I don't trust."
"Nothing will happen. I promise. I won't let it. Plus, I'm not even going to see him." I smiled whole heartedly but a look of nervousness now, pierced in his eyes.

"Screw it." He said, bluntly.
"Screw what?" My heartbeat rapidly increased and worry settled in on my body.

Before I could react, Harry was knelt on one knee in front of me, a blue box rested in his hand open. A beautiful diamond ring sat in a silk overlay.
"Emma Talia Fields," He began. I could already feel the tears pooling in my eyes. "We've been together a year and a half, and without trying to be cheesy, although that's just us, it's been one of the best times of my life. You've stuck by me through everything, and for that I'm eternally grateful. Well, now it's my turn to return the favour. So, my gorgeous girlfriend, will you please do me the honour of becoming Mrs Styles?" I took a deep breath, even though I didn't have to think twice about my answer.
"Yes."

The flashes of cameras from outside of the window we were sat next to were barely even noticeable compared to the vast amount of amazing emotions rushing through me.  I felt my fiancé's arms wrap firmly around me.

"I love you so much." He whispered into my hair.

"I love you too."

*******************************

Varieties of people with families and loved ones hurriedly crowded the plane,  most looking excited, others anxcious. Air conditioning blasted throughout, chilling my body as goosebumps formed across my bare arms. After frantically pulling the jumper from my carry on over my head, the seat next to me dipped slightly and I turned my head to face out of the window into the darkness, not wanting to suffer the awkward airplane conversations I dreaded during flights alone. Ellie was coming to playlist with me, but because of how last minute she was with booking things, her seat was near the other end of the plane.

"You can't avoid me forever, you know." His hot breath tickled my icy cheek sending a tingly sensation shooting down my body.
"Oh, I know, I'm just going to do it until I physically can't." I scoffed. My head turned to look at the boy with his signature messy hair pulled back by the red snap back he wore in the gaming videos he regularly did.

God, he was attractive.

Wait what? No. Shut up.

"Hear you're engaged. Congrats." The fakeness shone brightly in the smile he flashed at me.
"Thanks." I said, returning the same smile he offered.