20: He's a Liar.

The thought that they hated you was soon twisted and turned. Well, after this day. Now you were straight up confused.
Do they hate you or think of you highly? WHICH ONE IS IT?

Oh..? You want to know what happened this day..? Sure. It's not that important, but as the narrator, I guess It's my spot to tell you.

꧁☀︎︎☾❥☀︎︎☾❥꧂

"I missed you SOO much Y/n~!" Sunny says while hugging the absolute shit outta you.
"It's been a day Sun." You deadpanned.
"I said to return when you were done eating~! But, YOU DIDNNTTT!"
He whined. With this you let out a groan, "I knoowww! But YOU kicked me ouuttt!"
"NoNoNooo I was taking care of your healthhh~!"

"MMMmmm Now my MENTAL health is ruineeddd!!! Oh WOES is me! I guess I'll live in forever PAIN, Knowing the Amazing Sunny doesn't care about me!"
You dramatically put the back of your hand to your forehead, And lean back a bit, With your eyes closed.

He let a dramatic gasp out. "NOO- Not true! I- IM BEING FRAMEDDD!"

꧁❤︎☾☀︎︎☾☀︎︎❤︎꧂

I told you it wasn't entirely interesting. But, I guess the story goes on~!

——
"Hey Y/n!"
"Oh- Hi Joel- Why are you calling me at 2am?" You ask with exhaustion behind your voice.
"Well, I wanted to remind you before I forgot."
You let a yawn escape your lips, "Mm- Continue..?"
"Uhh- I have this meeting at 6:05, And I found your security belt.. I was wondering if you could pick it up right away tomorrow..?"

Shit. Did he read the notebook? He better not have. I definitely need to get it, Before he gets tempted to.

"Uh sure-? Where... Where do you want to meet up..?"
"Hm- Maybe in parts and service? Be there before 6:05 though. Again, I kinda have a meeting-"
"Erm- Yeah. Alright. See you then."

See the problem here was, Everything important was in there, And you DID NOT want him finding out.

Chances are, He already took a peek. Joel was always nosy. He always wants to look into your personal life. Which is the main problem. You can't let him know, He'll use it against you... In, Someway.

What would he gain? No idea. He's just that shitty of a person.

—-
You came into the plex at 6:02
Cursing yourself for such delay.
6:03
You made your way to parts and service. Hoping Joel wouldn't get fed up, Waiting for you.
6:04
You were a long hallway away.
Of course, You were sprinting. Absolutely booking down the hall.

You barge in. "I'm- Ha- HereE!" You spoke, Out of breath.
"Ah, I thought you wouldn't make it! Here ya go! Oh- I'm about to be late! Gotta run!" He joked. Pushing you out of his way.

Sucking air through your teeth, You mutter, "His damn filter, So annoying."

Normally you go the shortcut way, But because you were a tad aggravated, You went the longer route. Trying to not bump into him leaving. And so you could get a bit of anger off your shoulders.
——-

You slowly walk into the daycare. The sight You arrived in on, was Sunny sitting down on the bench, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Morning Sun! Are the kids watching a movie?"
He flinches a little, not previously realizing you walked in.
"Ah- Hello friend! Yes! Erm- Maddie had something she wanted to do with the kids- I didn't want to be a bother.. so I'm waiting here.." He tried keeping on a smile, Which you could easily see through.

You sit across from him. "You okay darling? You seem.. Anxious..?"
This nickname caught him off guard. Instantly flushing him in a deep red.
"Anxious- NO! N-Not me! Just- Being- Patient is all!"
You let out a small giggle at his reaction. Not know what compelled you to call him that.

It didn't matter. You liked it, And you also liked the reaction. But, Sun was obviously stressed, And you couldn't ignore that.

"... If you say so.. But if anything happens, I'm here to lend an ear!"
He nods at this. Gaining a smile from you.
"Soo- Y/n! What- What'd you do with Joel?"
..what.

"I- Huh?"
"Oh! Sorry that's- quite invading... Just- Joel said he was meeting up with you this morning- and..-" He makes the impression of taking a deep breath.
"You.. Normally arrive at 6, But you came to the daycare at 6:28- I.. Guess I was just- wondering.."

Sunny leans back a little and hugs himself tightly.
"Well- I accidentally left my belt here, He was just returning it..?"
"That's.. It?"
"Sorry, Were you wondering if there was anymore? Well.. No. not really." You start to awkwardly chuckle,
"Erm- Nevermind! You don't have to tell me! It's your personal life, And I shouldn't intrude."

This conversation made Sunny even more nervous. But, You wanted to know what he meant by that.
"Hm? Personal life? Sunny... That isn't a personal thing for me!"

"What-? It isn't? Sorry- for most people it is.."
"Are we talking about the same thing here..?"
Sun paused for a second. Thinking about what to say. Before he blurted this out, "...Uh- You two are dating..? Right..?"

...

WHAT?

"NONO! WHAT? Of course not! WHERE'D YOU GET THAT IDEA FROM?!?!"
He covered his face with his hands, embarrassed and apologetic.
"So sorry! I thought you were! That- What Joel said-! I- I don't mean to upset you! No- I shouldn't have asked- I'm sorry! Just- Pretend we NEVER had this conversation."

"Sunny. Joel, He is a liar. We aren't dating. ...I promise. And, I won't ever be mad at you for being curious."
You put your hands on his shoulders forcing him to look at you.

He looked at you with a frown, The poor thing was very confused. You spoke up once more,
"Joel likes me Sun. That's why he told you that, But, I don't like him."

...

Oh~ were you so tempted to say, "However.. I do like you."

(Denial stage is over ppl 😙💕)

-Word count: 1012