And So The Chaos Begins

You throw your graduation hat up in the air along with the rest of the graduates. You did it, you got your doctorate at only 24 years old, the youngest in your graduating class. You looked around to find your family, scanning the crowd.
"y/n!" Your younger brother, Harry called out, he waved you over, your father, Norman Osborne was there as well as Harry's friends Peter and MJ, and Dr. Otto Octavius, your father's close friend, and your long-time, secret crush. You couldn't help but smile as you ran over to them, your dad gave you a big hug and smiled.
"I can't believe it Waterbear." He smiled.

"Dad! I mention Tardigrades ONE time and-"

"One time? Waterbear that was one of your master's capstones, they were integral to your doctorate." He argued.

"And you would not shut up about it for like two years," Harry added.

You rolled your eyes "It could be worse." You relent.

"I for one thought that your interest in... is it Water Bear or Tardigrade?" Otto asked.

"Tardigrade is their scientific name, but Water Bear is another name, you can call them either." You explained.

"I like Water Bear, it has charm to it, do you agree?" He asked.

Your heart fluttered as you nodded.

"Well, I believe that your research was very interesting, and I cannot wait to see what you do in the future Doctor Osborne." He winked.

You gave a nervous laugh and nodded.

"That'll take some getting used to." You admit.

"The title will grow on you Doctor, I wish I could stay longer, but I have other matters to attend to. I hope to see you again soon Doctor Osborne." He gave a warm smile, you loved that smile, it just melted your heart. He waved goodbye as he left, although you wished he would stay.

"So do we have to call you Doctor now?" Harry asked.

"Only if you want to, I'm still getting used to it... Are those for me?" You gestured to the flowers Peter was holding.

"Oh... Yeah, I thought you might like them, I picked them out-"

"With my help," MJ added.

Peter blushed as he held them out.

"Thank you, Peter, that was so thoughtful, I love them!" You pulled him into a hug, and he awkwardly hugged you back. Harry and MJ smiled at each other.

"How's high school going? Senior year, right?"

"It's going pretty well, I'm planning on applying to take some classes at Columbia and get my general education credits at ESU, hopefully by that point I can transfer to Columbia once I've saved up enough."

"You'll get into Columbia, I'm sure of it, you're so smart!" You pat him on the back.

Peter started to say something before he got interrupted by your on again off again ex, Monica Reeves. Currently, you think your status was friends? But you were never sure honestly, she wanted sex, you wanted the emotional intimacy, she told you it was a win, win, so it has got to be a win-win. You remembered when you two were actually dating, and you missed it, she kept you sane during it all.

"Hey, girl! We're going out to get drinks, you want to come with us?' She grabbed your hand and you gave a small smile.

"Of course I do Monica! I mean, Dr. Reeves." You reply.

"That's my name, don't wear it out, Dr. Osborne." She led you towards the larger group. You waved goodbye to your brother and his friends and followed her to the group. At first, it was kind of weird, all these people were at least 10 years older than you, but you were just as smart as them, if not smarter. And Monica made you feel more comfortable. You all talked excitedly, the group was much smaller, most of them went to their families, or just were too tired, she understood.

You didn't really remember a lot of that night, mostly drinking with Monica, and then kissing Monica, and then... You forgot, but you started to piece the pieces together after you woke up in her bed, you groaned. Monica woke up and smiled.

"We can't keep doing this Monica. I can't take this on and off again thing." You tell her as you put your clothes back on.

"I know you don't mean that y/n, you always come back to me." She cooed.

"I'm serious! And if I'm being honest, I don't know if I like you... at all."

Her smile faltered. "What do you mean? I've been there for you all this time, I've always been there for you."

"When it's beneficial to you! We need to see other people." You grabbed your purse.

"Is this because of Dr. Octavius?" Monica asked.

You paused.

"I've seen the way you look at him, you know he'll never love you back, right? He can't. You can't handle that heartbreak babe-"

"Don't call me babe."

"You know I'm right. You also know I'm easier, you don't have to try with me. You'll come back, you always do." Monica smirked.

You knew she was right, you knew that this would continue, an empty, unfulfilling relationship, no, she was wrong. That was worse than heartbreak.

"This time will be different Monica." You leave the apartment.