Gotta Go Fast

"YOU'RE the big black monster?" Peter asked.

I have a name... Venom grumbled.

"Their name is Venom, and they've been keeping me alive." You explained.

"...Venom is the experimental drug. That's why you haven't been able to replicate it?" Peter put the pieces together and you nodded.

"Yes, without them I would be dead, blind, and missing my hand."

"The cancer..." Peter remembered.

"We have a symbiotic relationship, they keep me alive and I feed them once a month."

"...you've been killing people."

"Yes, but they've been bad people! I made sure of that. I'm sorry Peter-"

"How long were you going to keep it a secret?" Peter asked.

"I don't know... I was going to tell you eventually I just didn't know how. This is the only way to keep them alive, and to keep me alive."

Peter stared down at the ground, mulling everything over.

"...I'll look the other way. For you," he muttered.

"Thank-" he shot a web and swung off before you could finish. You sighed and ran back to your townhome.

He'll get over it. Venom assured you, you hoped they were right.

Peter avoided you for about a week, that was one of the worst weeks of your life, and you've had a lot of those. But your worries melted away when he offered you a banana muffin in the elevator, you ignored it and hugged him.

"I missed talking to you." you kissed him on the forehead.

"Me too." he smiled.

Once you two were together, everything seemed to make sense, you never realized how good you two were as a couple.

You wrapped your arms around him, you were having a Star Wars marathon at his apartment.

"What color of lightsaber would you have?" he asked you, Alfred purring on his lap.

"Green, obviously," you answered.

"I would be blue..."

You nodded in agreement as you both watched the movie together.

"Would you ever want kids?" Peter asked.

"Peter we haven't even been dating for a month-"

"I know, I know, I just want to know."

"...I never really thought about that. I guess so? I don't want to be a stay-at-home mom though, what about you?" You asked.

"I want kids, I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home dad... Have my own workshop in the garage and then do Spiderman on the side." Peter revealed.

"I could see it... How long are you going to be Spiderman?" you asked.

"As long as the city needs me... So probably until I die." he sighed.

You pulled him in closer, you weren't going to let him die prematurely, not like Otto... You couldn't take that again.

It's been three years since you and Peter started dating, and it was the happiest you had been in a while, Peter was your rock, the light at the end of the tunnel, he was the one who pulled you out of your nightmares, who made you laugh even when you wanted to cry, there was nobody like him, and he was all yours.

"You know what I want us to do?" Peter asked one day on the elevator.

"Wha?" You asked, your face stuffed with a banana muffin.

"We should use those vacation days and go to the Catskills, you and me." he proposed.

You smiled and nodded, Peter's face lit up and he pumped his fist in the air.

"Great! I'll-I'll just go and confirm it with Gwen, we can talk more about it over lunch?" Peter asked hopefully.

"Of course, honestly the sooner the better, I need to get out of the city soon."

"Same here, we'll only be gone for what, 3 days? New York can handle me not being there for three days." Peter was talking to himself at this point, you just nodded.

The rest of the week was full of you and Peter packing and preparing to go, you had packed all your old field guides and journals from college, babbling on about the fauna you couldn't wait to see. You both talked about the most recent RAW match, how Alfred was doing, and just about life in general. Once you stepped out of the car, into the forest you took a deep breath in and sighed in relief.

"I missed this," you muttered.

"I brought so much s'more stuff!" Peter exclaimed, you laughed as you both set up the camp, by the time you were both finished it was getting dark out, Peter made you both campfire tacos and you ate together happily.

"I'll go get the stuff for s'mores!" Peter exclaimed.

"Peter we just had dinner-"

"S'mores!" he disappeared behind the tent and you raised an eyebrow, you heard shuffling and then he came out, you caught something glitter on the end of one of the s'mores sticks and you turned red.
"Peter..." you gasped.

He smiled shyly as he got down on one knee, he winced. "Ah, my back!"

"You dorky old man." you teased.

"Shhh shhh let me be romantic." He held up the s'more stick, on top of the marshmallow held a wedding ring, you started to tear up.

This dork... Venom muttered.

"Y/N, I know you have been through a lot, and so have I... but believe me when I tell you that I love you, I've loved you for a while now, and I think that we could be very happy together... Will you marry me?" he asked.

"Yes, yes, YES!" You pulled him into a kiss and put on the ring, it fit perfectly.