CUG

"We can't risk it-"

"I know, but we need the actuators-"

"Did you see what those actuators did to him? If we don't get rid of him now, he's going to kill us."

"Damn Earthen's... Fine, we'll leave him at the next port."

Otto woke up drowsily, he wanted to object... But he didn't have the strength, he drifted back into unconsciousness... He woke up somewhere different, he wasn't on the ship anymore.

"Giwueh hodwdiwz." Otto turned to see a small frog-like alien talking to him.

"I don't have one of those translators!" He told him slowly.

"My apologies, you are Earthen?" the alien asked.

"Yes... I'm trying to get back home, are you the one Enigma Force contacted about me?" Otto asked.

"Yes, they have your universe number here, we need to wait however for a rip in the microverse to open, and then you can leave." The alien told you.

"Well when's the next one?" Otto tried to get up but cried out in pain, clutching his side.

"You're injured... That will take at least two months to heal properly." The alien told him.

"Two months? I don't have two months! I've already been away for too long!" Otto winced and laid back down.

"Well it would have been a week if your... friends hadn't made things worse." the alien gestured to his actuators.

"I had to disable them, they were making it worse. I couldn't remove them though, I apologize."

"...how did you disable them?" Otto asked.

"An electromagnetic pulse, you would be surprised how many cyborgs I get around here."

"And who are you?" Otto asked.

"Cughxe0w... Or Cugheow... or Cug."

"...Thank you Cug."

"If you want to know why your-"

"No, I don't. I think I know..." Otto paused for a moment... It was so quiet.

"While you are healing, however, I do need your assistance, they told me you were a scientist?" Cug asked.

"I am, yes."

"I need you to do my ledgers, I have a backup of orders-"

"Backup of orders of what?" Otto asked.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is you're smart, and I'm busy, and you're not going anywhere." Cug pointed out.

Otto sighed, he did get bored quickly and this would keep him occupied.
"Fine. But it's only for the two months, and then you're getting me home."

"Deal... Are you sure you want to go home though?" Cug asked.

"What does that mean? Of course, I want to go home!"

"It's just... I looked at your universe, and your time fluctuates, so far two years have passed in the past 2 weeks, but I cannot tell if one week is a year or what, either way by the time you get back it will have been over a decade at least." Cug explained.

Otto stayed silent, it's been two years? What were you doing? Were you dead? Or were you alive? Wondering where he went... Or did you forget about him? No, no y/n would never forget him...

"I'll let you be." Cug left the room and Otto stared up at the ceiling, numb.