Spspspspspspspspspsps

The plans were easy to create, now you just had to make sure that Dr. Stromm implemented them, you practically had every animal care plan engrained in your memory, jammed in between the useless animal facts and your side obsession with micro organisms. You printed them out and put them in a manilla folder. You gave Olivia a few scritches and left your office. When you got down to the lab you noticed that they were running tests, you stood on the side to observe. The lab assistant plunged the needle into the rat and it squeaked out in pain, you flinched. It took a few moments but pretty soon you saw it start to flinch, it was put in an elaborate maze, and then several puzzles, it got them all right on the first try. But something changed when the rat had nothing to do, it grew agitated, it lunged at the lab assistant but ran into glass instead. You couldn't believe your eyes.

"Does this happen every test?" You ask sharply.

"Not most tests-" Dr. Stromm started.

"Give me a percentage." You demand.

"50% of them," he admitted,

"50%? What changes have you made? Has that number gone down, or up?" You ask.

"That's none of your concern Doctor." he countered.

"This is directly involving the rats that are being tested, it does concern me."

"It's gone down. If we don't run tests then we would be unable to do anything."

"...so what happens to the rats that exhibit these behaviors?"
"We separate them, study them and then sacrifice them to the study to dissect their brains."

You sighed, this was a part of animal testing, and you knew that was the standard procedure, you handed him the folder.

"This outlines all the care they require, do the same for the... different rats but keep them separated. I suggest giving those rats more enrichment and activities and observing their reaction."

"Is that all Doctor?" Stromm muttered.

"No, the more content you make the rat, the easier it will be to run tests." You glanced at the lab assistant's hand, which had several scratches and bite marks.

"To prevent that, you need to insert the serum at the nape of the neck, pinch the skin, it eases the pain. To hold them you need to either let them get onto you or scoop them like so." You demonstrate picking them up.

"This way it is less painful for you and the rat, I will print out positive reinforcement training and run a session with you all next week, this will make things a lot easier, and your serum more valid. I will check in next week." You gave an awkward thumbs up as you left the lab.

"And what happens if we don't do what you requested? This will cost us time, money, and resources that we don't have." Stromm called out.

"I'll call PETA, and I'll tell them that you refused to listen to the one Oscorp hired to clean up this PR disaster." You smiled as you walked out, but as soon as you were certain nobody was watching, you immediately frowned. You hated this.

You went up the stairs to Dr. Connor's floor, he had been with Oscorp for a while and had been working on regenerative medicine, your father said that besides the rats and the serum, this was PETA's next target. You walked into the room where you found Dr. Connors talking to one of his lab assistants.

"Yes, yes thank you, Andrew, that'll be all." He squinted at his clipboard and sighed, you cleared your throat. Upon hearing that he looked up and smiled.
"I heard that there would be a new Doctor Osborne working here, it's so nice to see you again." he set down the clipboard and offered his left hand to shake, he couldn't with his right since it was well, missing. You took his hand and smiled.
"I'm excited to be here." You lied. "Now as much as I would like to stay with you and chat, I do have work to do."