I'm Really Bad at Coming up With Titles and Headlines

"Can you believe this?" You asked Peter, you were holding up the Daily Bugle as you both walked to work, Peter took a sip of hot chocolate and nodded.

"I was the one who took the pictures y/n." He pointed out.

"Yes, yes it's just... The Osborn's, Who Would've Guessed? And She May Be Insane, But She's Changing the World? And this one is the worst, Madwoman Powerhouse Dr. Osborne Won Nobel Peace Prize, Caught Talking to Herself. Who the hell is creating these titles? They suck!" You muttered angrily, you weren't talking to yourself, you were talking to Venom, who wanted to eat the Queen of England, who they claimed aged like fine wine...

"Yeah... They do, but I think it's better than Possessed Madwoman Infiltrates Oscorp or his entire Green Goblin conspiracy that he ran on us two years ago. And besides, you don't need their approval, you're amazing!" Peter reminded you.

We should eat him... Venom added.

"How can you always look on the bright side of things?" You asked, you were about to throw the newspaper in the recycling until Peter snatched it out of your hands.

"Wait, I want to read the comics!" Peter opened the paper to the comics.

You laughed "You're such a dork."

"Guess what Garfield's doing in this strip?" Peter asked.

"What?"

"Eating lasagna! I should make lasagna tonight, you know Alfred has been obsessed with it, and he's not even orange."

"Peter you can't just feed him lasagna..." You started.

"No, I know, I know. He's on your meal plan, he's doing better... He still misses Otto." Peter muttered.

"I do too..." You both walked in silence and entered the elevator.

"Do you think he'll ever come back?" You asked, you knew the answer was no, it's been two years already, and he built that stupid portal in two weeks... He wasn't coming back, but you never stopped thinking about him. Honestly, you didn't even know what you would do if he did come back... Your relationship with him was gone, destroyed with the machine, but that didn't mean you couldn't love him, you couldn't miss him...

"Y/n? Y/N?" Peter asked you, you blinked your eyes, and you were back in the elevator.

"Huh?" you asked.

"I was asking you if you had breakfast this morning."

"Oh, no I didn't have time, I was busy working on that ethics amendment and of course, I needed to take care of my animals," you said.

"You know, I have another banana muffin? I always bring two for breakfast, do you want one?" Peter offered you a banana muffin, you took it gratefully, just like you've been doing for the past 2 years,

"Thanks, Peter." you smiled.

"I always have one." he winked.

You felt your ears turn red and you took a bite of the muffin, the elevator dinged, it was Peter's floor.

"I forgot to tell you... but Dr Connors has been acting... differently. I've been keeping an eye on him... But I wanted you to know... Could you also get me some security footage? Just last weeks?" he asked.

"Yes, of course... I really hope this isn't another big bad, nobody can handle that..." you shuddered.

"Yeah, ok I'll see you at lunch?" Peter asked.

"Of course!" The elevator closed and you sighed, it seemed like your life had been getting back to some sense of normalcy. When you opened the door you found Gwen waiting for you.