SO WE'RE HERE

"...This will work, am I correct?" Otto looked at Cug, who nodded.

"It's time to go home." Cug pressed the button, which stabilized the portal, Otto stared into the swirling vortex.

This is your last chance...

Stay here...

She's forgotten you... The actuators told him, hidden under his trenchcoat.

"I'm doing this." Otto firmly stated, he turned around to look at the microverse one last time, he saw a Water Bear in the distance and smiled at the memory of you. He turned around and strode into the portal, and walked into the blinding lights of New York City, the sun glared in his face and he stumbled to put on his sunglasses... he was mildly disoriented from it all, but he couldn't help but smile... He was home and standing right in front of the Oscorp building. There was a new statue in the front and a plaque that read.

In memory of Norman Osborn, Harry Osborn, Peter Parker, and Otto Octavius. The brightest minds burn the brightest.

He stumbled back, the world thought he was dead?! He had to figure this all out... He strode into Oscorp, but it was different, he started to go to the third floor, but a man stopped him.

"I'm sorry, but you can't come in here sir."

"I'm here to see Y/N Osborn." He told the security guard.

"...Do you have an appointment? Dr. Parker isn't taking any new appointments."
"I'm sorry... Dr. Parker?" Otto asked.

"Yes, Dr. Parker. Do you have an appointment?" The man asked.

Say you're Max Niles, that's the next appointment. Harry said.

"Yes, I'm Max Niles." Otto lied, the secretary typed that in and nodded to the man.

"Take the elevator to the top, go to the end of the hall and wait to be called in." The man let Otto go.

Otto wrung his hands, since when had y/n worked at the top? And why was everyone calling you Dr. Parker?

The elevator dinged and he stepped out, he passed a room at the end, several kids were in there, watching TV, he frowned at that. He reached the office that used to be Normans... and then Harry's... and now it was yours. He knocked.

"Come in." your voice came from the office, Otto's heart swelled and he walked in, smiling.

"Hello my dear," he said.

You froze in place... No, he wasn't here, he was dead... Otto was dead you buried him! He gave you an expectant smile and you took a step back.

"No... No, I'm going insane, I'm turning into Harry and Dad!" You muttered.

You're not going insane. Venom comforted you.

"How do you know that?!" You snapped, you looked back at Otto and narrowed your eyes.

"What happened to your eyes?" Otto asked.

"HOW the HELL are you here?!" You yelled, leaning against the desk.

"It was quite remarkable actually-"

"I buried you, Otto... I held a funeral for you... Are you real?" you asked.

"Of course I'm real, I'm right here." Otto started to approach you, but you took a step back.

"It's been fifteen years Otto." you stammered.

"I'm sorry... FIFTEEN years?" Otto asked.

"Yes, yes it has. How did you-" You started to walk towards him.

"Mom? Is everything ok?" Derek asked, peeking out of the door.

"Yes, yes everything is fine," you assured him.

"...I have soccer practice in an hour." He reminded you.

"Yes, yes I know. Can Marcy take you?" you asked.

"I'll ask... Do I need to call security?" Derek looked at Otto.

"No, no you don't. It's ok Derek, I'll be out soon." you ushered him out and closed the door.

"...Mom?" Otto asked.

"Yes, I'm a mother Otto. I married Peter and-"

"You? Married Peter?" Otto scoffed at that.

"Yes actually, and he was an amazing man who NEVER left me." you glared at him.

"...I'm sorry my dear."

"Don't call me that." you snapped, you went to your desk and took out the inhibitor chip Peter gave you those many, many years ago.

"I'm putting this in, Peter made it for you, he was going to install it the day after you left me."

Don't let her do it.

Kill her, she's not worth it.

Don't-

"Do it, do it now." Otto snapped.

You popped in the inhibitor chip and you instantly saw a change.

"...It's so quiet," Otto muttered.

You nodded. "Ok, get out." you were starting to tear up.

"Y/N..."

"I told you what would happen if you chose to go through that portal, I helped you. I would turn yourself in, serve your time." You managed to get out.

"...will you visit?" Otto asked, he reached for you but you turned away, this was too much, this was too painful.

"Of course I will," you muttered.

I can eat him, just get this over with. Venom offered.

Otto started to say something, but he sighed and left, he ran into a glaring teenage girl, holding the boy named Derek close to her.

"You're Otto... Aren't you?" She asked.

"I am."

"Mom talks about you in her sleep... and Dad. You messed her up," she muttered.

"I know..." Otto said, tearing up.

"Dad's dead... Uncle Harry too... You were supposed to be." Marcy continued.

"Did you really hold the sun in the palm of your hand?" Derek asked.

"Yes... Yes, I did." Otto gave a faint smile as he left the building, and headed toward the Police Station.