Cocomelon Stocks Are Down

"I'm going out to get some parts," Otto called out.

"Can you buy me a braille book?" you asked.

"I'll get you one."

"...are you going to steal everything?" you asked.

"No, I'm going to buy it."

"With the stolen money." you pointed out.

"Look, do you want the damn book or not?" he asked.

"Yes, I do," you muttered.

"That's what I thought, I'll be back soon." Otto gave you a kiss on the cheek and left. You grumbled to yourself as you tapped his worktable, trying to comprehend what the hell he was doing. But you had no idea, machinery, physics, robotics, honestly anything not relating to animals you had no knowledge about, you had to figure out how he was going to make this microversal collider, and how bad it was going to be. Even though he reassured you over and over again, you didn't believe him. He was unhinged.

"y/n?" you heard Peter call out.

"Peter?" you asked, he was coming out of a window.

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you?" Peter asked worriedly.

"Like overall am I ok? No, I'm always a mess... But right now, yeah I am ok. And he may have hurt me a little but I'm healed now and-"

"That monster..." Peter muttered.

"Ok, OK I understand why you might see it like that-"

"I've been looking for you everywhere! I'm so glad you're safe, let's go." Peter started to lead you out but you stayed put.

"I can't leave Peter," you said.

"Why not? Is he keeping you here?" Peter asked.

"Yes-no, it's complicated! But Otto's planning something... and I can help you destroy it, he said 'they'll all pay' and he's trying to access the multiverse, and- his inhibitor chip is completely fried! I can help him... but I need your help."

"Do you think we can really get him back? Do you think he can be saved?" Peter asked.

You nodded "I just don't know anything about what he's doing, he asks me about microorganisms, apparently they play a huge role in this, but I don't know the first thing about the inhibitor chip much less how to build one."

"I can find the blueprints and work on that, is that the machine?" he pointed to Otto's workstation.

"Yes."

"Let me-" he took your hand and led you over there, he looked at everything and sighed, he took out a small metal device and handed it to you. "Get him to talk about the project, record everything. When Otto leaves again, contact me and I can look more into this and grab the recordings... for now try and stall him."

"Thank you, Peter." You squeezed his hand as he examined everything. You froze.

"He's coming back, you need to go!" You started pushing him out the window.
"y/n..." he started.

"GO!" you practically shoved him out of the window, you hid the device in your pocket and snatched up Alfred, he meowed angrily but immediately started purring when you started petting him. You started to hear Otto's actuators and you took a deep breath, you just had to stall him, Peter would build a new inhibitor chip, and then you would get your Otto back.

"I got you the book." Otto handed you a beginner's Braille book and you smiled.
"Thanks. Did you get the parts you needed?"

"Yes, I need to work on that... It's almost finished, I'm so excited, aren't you?" Otto asked.

"So excited." you lied.

"It's going to be revolutionary, can you call the press?"

"You're a wanted criminal Otto." you pointed out.

"Oh... can you call the city's legal... thing? After they see this they'll pardon me-"

"That's not how this works Otto." You tried to reason with him, but he was too caught up with everything, mumbling to himself, the actuators pushed you into your room and you huffed. Might as well learn Braille. The hours passed by, and you found something new to work on, so you both forgot to eat... and sleep. But hey, you learned the alphabet, and you were starting to read sentences. So what if you both skipped a few meals and nights? You were doing something, you were finally going somewhere.

Otto held up the Pym particles, it took a while, but he got them. He finally got them, he was so close.

Y/n was going to be so proud.