My Braincell Divorced Me

"Can't you just see us living here?" Your husband, Peter asked, gesturing to the large, but dilapidated house. You've been married for 2 years now, and you both agreed that it was time to get a house and adopt some kids. You knew he had been wanting it for a while, and although you thought that you were moving too fast, you knew that Peter was the one.

"It's... A fixer-upper?"

"It's in a great neighborhood, a great school is right there, and it's close enough to New York so I can swing by whenever I need to! And there's room for all your animals and my workroom!" Peter pointed out.

I agree with your husband. Venom added.

"Will you help us fix it up?" you asked them.

"What?" Peter asked.

"Sorry honey, talking to Venom."

Yes, I will help you fix it. Venom grumbled.

"I mean, we already bought the house..." You pointed out.

"Yeah... I'm so excited!" Peter clapped his hands and you laughed. You heard his watch buzz and you frowned, he looked down and sighed.

"I need to go... There's an incident at a government place, Yuri wants me to be there." He muttered, he looked up at you.

"It's ok, Venom and I will start working on this." You smiled as he smiled back gratefully, he put on his mask and swung off. You sighed as you looked at the house.
"Where should we start?" you asked Venom.

Demolition. They said immediately. You grinned as you grabbed a sledgehammer and swung.

You, Peter, and Venom admired your work. The house was finished, you had moved in... and you were finally ready to look into adoption.

"It's perfect..." Peter muttered, you squeezed his hand as you both waited in the kitchen, you noticed Peter's leg moving up and down nervously.

"Hey, it's ok. We passed the screening with flying colors, we've been doing great in the group... The kids love us and can't wait to come here... We're ready for this." you comforted him.

Peter gave a grateful smile and nodded. Eventually, you saw a car roll into the driveway and you and Peter walked out. A social worker and four kids got out of the car, you've met them before, you've known them for about a year, and you loved them with all your heart, Peter loved them even more. He was going to be a great dad. The young boy, Jack ran into Peter's arms and he swept the kid into a hug, the third youngest, Marcy took the oldest ones hand, their name was Cal and the two walked over to you, you pulled them into a hug and they hugged back, Cal held their baby brother, Derek, who reached for you, you smiled as you took him in your arms and bounced him up and down.

"Welcome home..." you told them cheerfully.

"Can we go see our rooms?! We get our own rooms?" Jack asked excitedly, jumping up and down.

Peter laughed and nodded "I got a Spiderman room all ready bud! Come on, let's check it out!"

"I got this chalkboard paint that I thought you might like, we can put it on together?" you offered.

Cal nodded "That would be nice."

"Where's Olivia? I wanna see her again." Marcy asked, you smiled at that.

"You're going to be seeing a lot of Olivia, I got a small area for her in your room?"

Mary's face lit up and she ran into the house, they had been in the house before, but you and Peter kept their rooms a secret, Peter had been working on them for a long time.

"Thanks," Cal said quietly.

"You don't need to thank us... We're your family now." you squeezed Cal's hand and they looked up.

"Ok..." you both stood there, you were waiting for Cal to make the next move.

"So the chalkboard... I can draw on it?" Cal asked, your face lit up, this was happening! You nodded.

"Yes! And I got you all these cool chalk colors and stuff, and I made you your own drawing nook and a whole art station!" You exclaimed as you both walked inside.

The next five years were extremely chaotic, but you wouldn't have changed a single thing. It was hard at first, hiding Spiderman from the kids, but you both agreed it was for the best. Cal was already fifteen so they helped a lot, you traded your Subaru in for a minivan and started to actually have a circle of friends... Peter loved holding backyard cookouts, you couldn't help but look around and laugh at it all, you never expected any of this to happen.

"Do we really have to go to Uncle Harry's place?" Marcy complained, Monty draped around her neck.

"Oh come on, Uncle Harry loves you guys!"

"I don't like Uncle Harry... he-he scares me," Derek complained.

"Why does he scare you?" Peter asked.

"He talks to himself like all the time, don't you hear him?" Cal asked, taking out an earbud.

"Uncle Harry has... some issues, like your grandfather did."

"Does that mean you will have issues?" Jack asked.

"...I'm not sure," you confessed.

"Ok guys, listen. If you all be good tonight, we can have a Star Wars marathon, ok?" Peter asked, zipping up Derek's puffy jacket.

The kids all grumbled their agreements and you all loaded into the minivan. You shot Peter a worried glance and you saw the same look in his eyes, please let everything work out...

"Hey! Look who it is, the Parkers!" Harry exclaimed, his eyes were red and his hands were shaking... Something was wrong, you pulled Derek closer.

"Hey, Harry!" Peter pulled Harry into a hug, Harry's nails dug into Peter's back, you winced.

"It's just SO GREAT to have you all here, come on in, have a seat!" Harry ushered you all into the dining room, Derek didn't budge, you had to get them out of here.

"Actually Harry, I think that we need to get back home." you lied.

"What? But you just got here!" Harry asked.

"Yes, well it's a school night and Cal has their PSAT's... That just slipped my mind, I'm so sorry." you lied again, shooting a look at Peter.

"Yes! The PSAT's, how could we forget!" Peter rushed you all out of the apartment, you felt Harry's glare even as you all drove away... Derek started crying.

"What's wrong with him?" you asked, getting into bed.

"I don't know... I really don't... Your dad went insane because of the serum... It wasn't just hereditary?" Peter asked.

"I don't think it's hereditary, otherwise I would have gone insane." you reasoned.

I'm keeping you from becoming insane. Venom told you.

"...Venom is keeping me from going insane," you revealed.

"...I'll take care of this, ok? I won't let him hurt our family." Peter promised, pulling you into a hug. You hugged him back, and you cried.