Zoo Wee Mama

You wake up to Harry talking on the phone.
"Yes Otto, she's fine, she was fine 30 minutes ago, I need you to stop calling me, she's fine." He hung up and sighed, he noticed you were awake.

"You need friends, or a girlfriend, or a boyfriend you need somebody y/n."

"Gee, thanks." You mutter as you stand up.

"Where's my umm... badge?"

"You're seriously thinking about work right now?" Harry asked.

"...what else should I be thinking about?"

"I don't know, maybe the fact that you are incredibly lonely, I've never been able to spend any time with you for the last five years because all you've been doing is work? And why the hell is Otto calling me again? I just told him to leave me alone!" Harry hung up and sighed.

"I'm sorry Harry..."

"No, it's not your fault, I should have realized Monica was coming..." He hesitated before continuing.

"How long has this been going on?"

"What? Oh, the drinking and then hooking up?"

"That wasn't hooking up y/n," Harry muttered.

You sighed. "I-I'll file a restraining order."
"Do you want to press charges?"
"I can't deal with that. I-I need to get back to my animals, they need me. And then I need to go back to work, they also need me."
"Peter's watching the animals for you, he needs a job anyway. And no, you need to meet new people."

"How the hell do I do that?"
"There's work?"
"Everyone's scared of me."

"That's true... How about that new dating website?"
"Match.com?" You snort.

"I mean... yeah?"

"Fine. I'll try it out."

You did try it out, you ended up meeting 30 people, but nothing clicked. There was one girl you met and you went on another date, but then you realized that she worked for PETA, and she realized who you were. And then she threatened to fight you in a Denny's parking lot... It didn't work out. In the end, you knew you wouldn't find anyone, you loved Otto, you couldn't help it, but he didn't love you back, so that sucked.

But in the end, you didn't care, you had your animals, you didn't need anybody else.

Otto was trying to focus on his calculations, but he couldn't focus. He was worried about you, he needed to see you, but he couldn't. Because every scenario that he imagined when you came back involved him sweeping you off your feet and kissing you senseless, he pushed those fantasies down, because that's what they were, fantasies. He looked at the fusion reactor, her crazy ex was right, he did love the attention, and he loved being right.