Gaslight, Gatekeeper, Girlboss?

"I don't know if I can do this anymore Otto... I watched Stromms tests... and even with all the improvements, the rat still suffered!" you sobbed... you hated it when you cried, it wasn't pretty.

Otto handed you a tissue. "I'm sorry y/n..." he honestly didn't know how to make this situation any better.

"This was all a mistake... No matter how hard I'll try, nothing will change, they'll just stay the same." You blew your nose.

"That's not true. You are changing this company, we don't see as many PETA protestors as we used to ever since you've come here." Otto pointed out.

"Did you see that last one they did?" you asked.

"Yes... was that a lamb fetus?" Otto asked, disgusted.

You nodded.

"Where the hell did they even get that? And we don't even experiment on lambs!" Otto pointed out.

You couldn't help but snicker, "Who knows Otto, they're PETA... But you're right. I just need to keep working hard, do my best... And the rest will take care of itself." you managed to calm down.

Otto smiled. "Do you want to know what Alfred did this morning?" he asked.

"Of course! Do you have the album?" you asked, perking up.

Otto took the huge album out of his satchel and you laughed, he flipped through the many, many polaroids of Alfred until he found a photo of Alfred hanging upside down on Otto's curtains, you laughed.

"How did he even do that?"

"I have no idea..." Otto admitted.

You both continued talking to each other about life, work, and of course your animals...

And then you woke up.

"Ugh..." you grumbled as you got out of bed, Venom was already cleaning the animal's cages, one of your ferrets was hanging onto one of their limbs for dear life, it eventually fell off onto a basket of laundry... pooped on it, and then scrambled back to climb Venom again. You groaned as you grabbed the clothing they pooped on and shoved it in the washing machine.

"What's got you so excited?" You grumbled as you started to make some coffee.

Check the calendarrrr!!! Venom sang, you looked at the feeding calendar and groaned. Today was circled many times with a gold sharpie, and in Venom's handwriting read Yum Yum time!!! With little hearts. You shook your head, you've been so busy working on your care guide, trying not to kick Dr. Connors in the balls again, and avoiding any thoughts of Otto that the month really flew by.

"Ok, ok. Tonight we'll get you something to eat." You started to change into your work clothes and yawned.

Someone. Venom corrected.

"...Yes, someone." You started to help Venom with the cleaning and as soon as you both finished, it was time to go.

You typed furiously on your computer, working on the lab care guide. You were excited, this had to work, it was going to work. You paused when your mouse hovered over a folder labeled Olivia Hates Otto you smiled at the memory, you and Otto decided to try and get Olivia to like him... it wasn't as successful as you had hoped it would be. You clicked a random video clip.

Trial #12, Olivia is... you heard your voice over the video laughing, the video showed an awkward Otto across the room from Olivia, who glared at him.