Crying, pissing, shitting on the floor it's really over innit

You've been married to Otto for twenty years, Jack took over Oscorp and you retired with Otto in the Catskills, the days consisted of you both reading to each other, feeding the birds, and going on nature walks... It was perfect.

But then Otto got sick, you remembered it too vividly.

"If you see the markings on this bird you can see-" you babbled on, looking up from your field journal to the bluejay perched on the tree branch above you and Otto.

"That's fascinating my dear-" Otto started before he collapsed into a coughing fit, you ran over to help him.

"Otto? Otto are you alright?" you asked, helping him up.

"I-I..." Otto trailed off, the actuators fell limp to his sides.

You never drove that fast in your entire life.

The actuators had the last laugh, even when they were on his side... The doctors said he had 24 hours left with life support, you held his hand on the hospital bed, tears falling down your face.

"I should've been dead thirty-five years ago... shouldn't I?" you asked.

Yes. Venom replied.

"...I want to die with him, my heart can't take living without him, I can't do it." You whispered, Otto gave a shaky breath next to you, squeezing your hand.

Are you sure this is what you want? Venom asked.

You nodded, everyone was waiting outside... It was time to tell them the truth.

"...so you have been possessed by a space alien who eats a person once a month and in return, you get a hand, your eyesight, and you don't die from the cancer caused by the radiation Otto exposed you to?" Cal asked, trying to figure everything out.

"...yes."

"And now you want us to put the alien into this capsule and find a new host for them so you can die with Otto?" Marcy asked.

"Yes."

"...No, No! Why the hell would you ask us to do that?" Cal exclaimed.

"I cannot live without him, Cal... Please understand-"

"No, no I can't understand, what about us? Don't you love us?" Cal asked.

"I do, I do, I love you all so, so much... But without Otto... I can't do it, I'll be sent off into a home and-"

"Stop it, Mom." Jack pleaded.

Derek stayed silent in the corner, you sighed.

"...I'm doing it anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I love you-"

"Stop it"

"And I have never regretted a single moment. Keep on living for me-"

"Mom-"

"Cal, I should have been dead thirty-five years ago... It's time."

"I love you, Mom." Derek pulled you into a hug, his voice shaky, you hugged him back, sobbing.

One by one your children and your grandchildren hugged you goodbye... It was time.

I'll never forget our time together. Venom told you sadly.

"Thank you," you whispered, you lay down next to Otto, holding his hand.

"I...love...you." Otto barely whispered.

"I love you too," you whispered back, holding him close.