Chapter 6: Officially Moved in

{2 weeks later}

Sarah

I sit on the couch, waiting for Niall to come home with the girls. I have Lukas cradled in my arms. Reruns of the Office are on the tv, and I'm snacking on popcorn. I have to take advantage of this time some what alone.

I hear the front door open and Niall comes around the corner with the girls.

"Hey, babe," Niall kisses my forehead.

"I'm gonna get the girls ready for bed. Here's Luke," I hand my son over to my husband and take the two young girls up stairs.

Parker is singing some song she probably heard on the radio as we make our way up the stairs to her room. I retrieve a silk owl night gown and toss it over to her to get changed into while I prepare Abbie for bed in a matching nightgown.

I brush her teeth in the bathroom before returning to her bedroom and rock her in the glider to help her relax. After several minutes, and a few not-so-surprising visits from Parker, I lay sleepy Abbie down in her crib.

I join Parker in her adorable chic bedroom and kiss her goodnight before exiting, letting Niall tuck her in. I step inside our room and play Photograph by Ed Sheeran quietly on my phone while I wash the make up off my face and brush my teeth, then change the song to Games by Luke Bryan while I change into my pajamas. I actually dance and jam out to the song in my closet as I get ready for bed.

The song fades away and I look over to see Niall grinning in the doorway, holding his phone up at me, clearly filming or taking pictures of me jumping around. I laugh and chase him around the room for his phone.

-

-

-

In the morning, I have Parker in a soft pink long sleeve and overalls. I comb her hair back into a ponytail. Abbie is dressed in a white tee shirt, stretchy leggings, along with red sneakers and a red head band on her head. After sending the two of them down stairs with Niall, I dress Lukas in a long sleeve onesie that has a puppy face on it. I then slip him into a pair of brown pants. I put his little head in a matching hat with puppy ears poking out. I hide his little feet in puppy slippers, that go along with the outfit.

I take him down stairs and lay him down on his play mat. I squat beside him and keep on eye on him.

Abbie comes around the wall and stands beside me. She points down at Luke, "Bay-bee."

"Yes. Bay-bee," I praise her a little.

She giggles and bends over to rub his head. "Be soft, Abigail," I warn her.

"Bay-bee," she repeats, standing back up.

Niall comes in and plays with Lukas while I get the girls at the table to eat sandwiches for their lunch before we head off to the grocery store. Niall's only is coming over for the week next week to help with the kids. I love Maura, Niall's mom or 'mum' as he says in his adorable accent.