Chapter 32: shop till we drop

Sarah

It being the second day in Bora Bora, Niall surprises the kids and I with breakfast in bed. The kids slept with us the night before because our bed is a California king. Luke is seated between my legs, lazily rubbing his droopy eyes. I kiss his head as I grab a piece of buttery toast to take a bite. 

"Girls," Niall announces while the girls all dig into breakfast. "Want to go shopping today and go swim at the beach?"

"Yeah," Parker softly yawns. 

Abbie is still completely out of it, her blonde, wispy hair curling all around her small head. She rests her head against my arm as she reaches up for my slice of toast. I let her take a bite and she just lays against me chewing lightly.

"I think that's a great idea, Ni," I rub my head based on the fact that a slight head ache is developing. 

Parker giggles, "Yeah, great idea, Ni."

"Hey now, I'm your dad," Niall says, playfully offended. 

Parker slides off the bed and grabs her swim suit from the bathroom door handle, "I wanna go swimming now."

"Well, we can do that after shopping," Niall says, taking a seat at the foot of the bed. 

She climbs up onto the window seat to look out the window overlooking the beautiful, clear waters. She groans, "But it's so pretty in the water."

"We can go after shopping," Niall repeats himself. "We'll  only be shopping for a little bit."

Parker gives up, allowing herself back into reality, "Okay fine."

"You all can eat and get dressed. I'm gonna clean up my cooking mess," Niall rushes out of the room and soon enough I can hear the banging of pans and bowls. 

We finish most of breakfast and I quickly get the girls dressed in coordinating sundresses. Abigail dances around in her pink and white striped dress while Parker changes  into her gold and white one. I locate an outfit for Lukas; a gray tee with navy blue short sleeves and a pair of off-white shorts with blue pineapples scattered around them.

I send the girls off to brush their teeth while I change into my off white top and rose-gold pants. It's a cute casual look and super comfy!! I slip my feet into my brown sandals just as the girls rush out of the bathroom. I spot a smudge of toothpaste on Abbie's cheek and quickly grab a baby wipe to wipe it off. 

I scoop Lukas off the ground as he plays with a pen he must've found on the bedside table. I quickly take it from him before he writes all over himself or the wall. 

"Abbie, get down from there!" I can hear Niall holler. 

I hear a thud and soon after a not-so surprising cry. I sigh and rush out to the open room that is attached to the kitchen and find that Abbie is on her butt, her hands covering her mouth as tears stream down her face. Parker is immediately at her aid, hugging her close.

"Abigail, what'd I tell you," Niall says softly, lifting her up off the ground. "You don't jump on couches."

She continues to cry as she hides her face in his shoulder. He looks back at me, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yep," I grab my purse from the glass coffee table, swinging it over my shoulder. 

We all make our way out of the villa and we get a ride on the bus to go to the shopping center. Looking at Niall, I can see that he's hiding something. On the bus, Niall has Lukas on his lap while Abigail and Parker are between us giggling and playing around. I keep making eye contact with Niall, but he quickly looks away, seeming to be afraid that I might be seeing through him or something.