Chapter 19: Shopping NYC

Sarah

I finish finding an outfit for Abbie as Niall wrestles Lukas to get his clothes on. Eleanor and Louis are joining us for some strolling and shopping. It's been a while since the four of us adults have seen each other and actually hung out.

"Lukas, please," Niall begs, pulling his son back down to get his clean diaper on.

I hand Abbie an off white sweat and a burnt yellow hat with a matching pair of leggings. She huffs and drops them on the ground, "Heavy." she complains.

"You're strong, though," I say taking out a pair of white lacy socks for her to wear with her light brown shoes.

I help her get everything on properly and fix her hair beneath her cute hat. May I just say, thank you Pinterest for these cute fashion ideas for my girls.

I'm tying Abbie's ankle boots and watch as Parker steps out of the bathroom in a plain black tee and some printed leggings. She wears silver flats on her feet as well. "Awh, you look so beautiful, Parker!" I compliment.

"Thank you, Mom," she blushes clasping her hands together.

I smile, "Ready for me to do your hair?"

"Yeah," she slowly approaches me and sits down on her bottom.

I quickly put her hair in a ponytail before kissing the top of her head, "All done."

"Thanks," she skips off to her father.

I put Abbie's hair up in two little buns instead of pigtails, just the way she likes it. Niall comes holding James' hand up like he just won a wrestling match, "I pronounce our very own handsome-fully dressed-blue eyed Lukas James Horan!" he starts cheering, inviting the girls to join (which they do)

"Awh, Lukey!" I hold my arms out to him and he waddles up and I whirl him around.

He giggles and nestles his head into my chest, "Is Lukey tired?" Parker looks up at us.

"Maybe," I say just before there's a knock on the door.

Niall goes to answer the door while I set Lukas down and get the diaper bag situated, ready to go. "Holy cow! Alfie! Evie! You two are so big now!" I hear Niall exclaim.

I feel small arms wrap around my legs. I peek down to see Abbie shyly using my legs as a hiding spot. I chuckle and let her be as I finish with the bag and fixing my hair in front of the bathroom mirror.

"Abbie, come say hi!" Niall motions Abs to come to him.

She shakes her head and moves to the other side of me, invisible from Niall's view. He cackles, "She's shy, but Parker sure isn't."

I poke my head out to see Parker babbling to Alfie about who knows what. I release a small laugh and Eleanor, as well as Louis, catch me and El nearly screams. "Sarah!"

"El!" I grin running into her open arms, leaving Abbie standing in the bathroom alone.

She comes out and runs into Niall's legs, "'old me!"

My handsome blonde scoops up our daughter and balances her in one arm, "Say hi."

"Uncle Wou!" she leaps from Niall's arms to Louis'. Luckily Louis has quick reflexes and safely catches her.

Evie is just staring up at the two of them, "'old me, Daddy!"

"Up you go!" Louis bends down and lifts her up with his other arm.