Chapter 15: Last Minute Plans

Hey you amazing people!!!! I switched James' name around, I have edited the name from James to Lukas (Luke Hemmings, ya know?) anyway, so it's Lukas James Horan. Thank you. 

okay, I'll be quiet and let you read. 

>>>>>

Sarah

Now that we're back from Utah, and One Direction has just announced their releasing their new album, Niall has been gone a lot. He leaves at around 9:00 am, but doesn't come back until 10:00 pm. I'm currently changing Lukas' dirty diaper while Abigail is trying to climb up into his crib, and Parker is practicing her ballet. All of this is happening in the same room, and the amount of noise never really dies down until about 30 minutes after Niall comes home and kisses our little monsters good night, even if they're sleeping. 

"Abigail, get down from there before you hurt yourself," I order for the third time. 

Parker runs into my hip, trying to spin around. "Parker, stop dancing and go make your bed."

"No!" She whines, continuing her dance. 

Abigail keeps struggling to climb into the crib. I finish putting Lukas in a clean diaper and pulling his shorts back up before setting him down on the ground and lifting Abbie off of the side of the crib. "You need to get the brush so I can put your hair up," I tell her, putting her on the ground, trying to keep my cool. 

She dashes out into the hallway. Lukas holds his hands up to me, so I hoist him up on my hip and carry him to the bathroom to split her hair into two small buns on her head. 

Just as I finish tying her hair off, Parker comes in and brushes her teeth. "After brushing your teeth and hair, get your dance clothes on."

"Okay," she says through her bubble gum flavored tooth paste. 

I walk Abbie out to her bedroom and get our a pair of shorts and a purple top to wear, but she rejects the bottoms and picks out a fluffy pink tutu. "Pawka and me tutus," she tries to put it on over her pajama pants. 

I shake my head, smiling, "Let's get you out of your pants and change your undies."

"Otay!" she quickly agrees and pulls down all three bottom layers off. 

"What's this color?" I take out a pair of underwear for her. 

She grins, "Bue."

"What day of the week is it if it's blue?" I quiz. 

She thinks for a moment, "Wesnay!"

"Yeah!" I praise her for matching the correct color and the day of the week. 

This underwear thing has helped her learn both her colors and days of the week. I learned to do this when Parker was her age, and it's been so helpful. 

I let her slide on the undies and get her tutu back on. I switch her top into a light pink leotard before returning to the bathroom to brush her teeth. I spread a small amount of toothpaste on her tooth brush before letting her brush her pearly whites on her own. I stand in the doorway with Luke on my hip, waiting for two minutes to be up before I let her rinse off her toothbrush and put it back in the cup.