chapter 1: weisz thinks reno is cool

~weisz~

       The alarm on my phone blares loudly, waking me up from my sleep. I groan, ignoring the sound as I cover my head with my pillow. Even though I got a decent amount of sleep, I just want to lie in bed for a few more hours. Possibly for the rest of the day.

       I'm not really in the mood to go to school today. Maybe if I was back at my other school, I wouldn't mind going, but I hate the fact that I have to start a new school in the middle of the school year. Not to mention a lot of people I know at my old school are people I've known since elementary school, even as early as kindergarten.

       I won't know anybody at my old school, except for my annoying sister, but she doesn't count. Knowing Celine, she'll either pretend I'm not her brother or tease me. Either way, we're probably not going to be hanging out a lot at school.

       Right as I feel like I'm going to fall back asleep, there's a harsh knock on my bedroom door. I try to ignore the pounding, but it doesn't stop until I hear my dad say, "Weisz, I don't hear you getting ready. If you're not downstairs in ten minutes, I'm going to make you walk to school."

       I sigh heavily, taking the pillow off of my head before I sit up. I looked around my new bedroom, still stacked with boxes of my belongings I've yet to put away. If I have time, I'll put some of it away after school today. Unless the new school ends up draining a lot of energy out of me.

       I sit in bed for a few moments, waiting until I feel awake enough to get out of bed. Once I do, I get ready before heading down the stairs. Like my room, there are boxes here and there until my family can find the time and energy to put stuff away. 

       Since I got downstairs in time, Dad gives me my car keys so I can take my car to school. If I did take a long time to get out of bed, he would have actually hid my car keys and made me walk, which doesn't really make sense. You'd think he would let me drive so I would get to school faster after taking a long time to get downstairs.

       As I'm about to head out the front door, Mom hands me some money so I can buy lunch at school since we don't have much food in the kitchen yet. "Do you know how to get to the high school?"

       I nod, taking the money out of Mom's hand and putting it into my backpack. "Yeah. It's not too far so even if I do get lost, I should be able to find my way and still be on time." I hope.

       Thankfully, I am able to get to the school perfectly fine. However, finding my way inside the school is a different story. Once I get my locker assignment and my schedule, I first head to my locker to put all my supplies away so I don't have to lug them around the school.

       Which would definitely annoy me since it did take me a while to find my first class. In fact, I find it right before the tardy bell, and I don't know if my teacher would have been lenient, even if I'm a new student. 

       Ms. Maywood does seem nice enough when I tell her I'm the new student. She tells me where I can sit before telling me to talk to her after school if I ever need help catching up.

       I take my seat in the front of the class, which unfortunately is the one my teacher told me to sit in. I don't exactly hate sitting in the front, but it's harder to hide whenever I'm bored and not paying attention.

       Shortly after I sit down, the tardy bell rings. Ms. Maywood stands up from her desk and is about to close the front door. However, a student rushes in at the last minute. His dyed red hair is stuck up all over the place, almost as if he just rolled out of bed and didn't bother fixing his hair. He has quite a few piercings; a lobe piercing on both ears, three helix piercings in his left ear, and snake bites piercings.