chapter 48: reno's first valentine's day

~reno~

       "Hey, Reno," Dad says as I put on my shoes before heading out to the school's Valentine's Day dance. "How would you feel if I tell you that I'm going to be a parent chaperone for the dance?"

       I stop putting on my shoes and just stare at my dad. "You're kidding, right?"

       Dad smiles, as if he's proud of chaperoning. "Nope. I got an email from the school saying they're in desperate need of a chaperones, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to get to know your new school."

       "So... You're going to be at the dance that I'm going to with my boyfriend?" I ask. "That doesn't sound horrible at all."

       Dad chuckles as he pats my shoulder. "Reno, if you're worried about me being a cock-block, just remember that I let him spent a few nights at the house while I was on a road trip. You had more than enough time on your own."

       "That's not the only part I'm worried about," I mutter, going back to putting on my shoes. Dad's really protective of me, so I have no idea how he'll react if he finds out that someone caused me to have a panic attack. And that another person lied about me harassing her.

       However, Dad has always been able to read my like a book. "Has anyone been bothering you at your new school?"

       I should have guessed that he would have been able to figure it out.

       I won't be able to lie to him about it so after I sigh, I say, "Not recently, but one person decided to involve me in her relationship drama. She either wanted attention from her boyfriend or to make him jealous because they were in a fight, so she told him I was harassing her. He threatened me and caused a panic attack."

       "What?" Dad asks. "Reno, that's not okay. Why didn't you tell me?"

       "Because Weisz was there to help me out," I say. "And the boyfriend hasn't done anything since his girlfriend admitted to him about lying." I don't know if I should tell Dad that I still might have problems with them in the future because the girl is Weisz's ex-girlfriend, but I leave it out for now. 

       "Okay, but please tell me if it gets worse," Dad says. "I don't want you to feel unsafe going to that school as well."

       I smile softly at my dad. "I will."

       I leave the house to go pick up Weisz so he can head to the dance together. He doesn't drive as often as he does since there are times he'll start to feel a bit weak. He feels like it would be safer if he's not behind the wheel.

       Weisz is already waiting outside of his house by the time I pull into his driveway. He walks over and gets into the passenger seat, smiling at me before saying, "You look so hot."

       "Thanks," I say. "You look pretty hot as well." While I have opted to wear a red shirt, since Weisz claims it's his favourite colour on me, he has decided to wear a light pink dress-shirt. The soft colour on him suits him perfectly. 

       Weisz smiles brightly before he leans over to give me a lingering kiss. "Thanks for wanting to go to the school dance."

       "Hey, it's not a problem," I say as I pull out of the driveway and start the drive to the school. "Apart from Marie and Dave, I really like going to East Vista. I don't feel like I'll be judged for who I am, you know?"

       "Oh, trust me, you definitely won't be judged," Weisz says. "I'm constantly hearing people talk about how hot the new guy is."

       "You sure they're not talking about you?"