chapter 15: weisz is now spelled as s-i-m-p

~weisz~

       Part of me wants to stay home from school only because of what happened at the dance. The thing is, it didn't even directly affect me. It still pissed me off that those jerks decide to try to use Reno as a scapegoat. Reno hasn't even done anything to them. 

       I doubt my parents would let me stay home because I don't want to be around certain people, so I go to school anyway. At least I'll be able to see Reno, and not during class. I decided that I'm now going to spend lunch with him since he's a better friend than the others ever were. Minus Padma, of course, but I know she wouldn't mind if I hang out with Reno instead.

       I get to my first period before the second bell rings, honestly wanting school to end already. But then Reno walks into the classroom, nearly causing my heart to jump out of my chest. Not because I'm attracted to him. I mean, I am, but the main reason why is because he got a brand new piercing.

       "Holy shit," I say out loud without meaning to. Why does Reno have to be so hot?

       Ms. Maywood looks at me sternly. "Please, watch your language, Weisz."

       I clear my throat. "Sorry."

       It's not my fault Reno is just an extremely hot person. I just don't get how people don't see how attractive he is. Oh well. Their loss. 

       Reno walks passed me to get to his desk, so I gently grab his arm to stop him. I tug on his arm so he bends down a bit, being closer to my current level while I sit at the desk. "When did you get your septum pierced?" I ask.

       "Yesterday," Reno says. "I was having an existential crisis, so I got it pierced."

       "Valid. You... It looks good. Really good."

       Reno smiles at me. "Thanks."

       "Oh, before I forget. Are you free at lunch?"

       "Always."

       "Okay, then I'm going to have lunch with you."

       The second bell rings, so Ms. Maywood tells Reno to sit down. He does, smiling at me once again to confirm that he's okay with me having lunch with him. I don't even know why I would only eat with him when the others were busy. Sure, I would have felt guilty leaving the others, but if I had to choose someone to be my best friend, it would be Reno.

       And who wouldn't want to eat with their best friend?

       As I sit through first period, I wish that Reno sits in front of me and not behind me. Totally not because I want to check him out. Definitely not at all. 

       It feels like forever before first and second period end, finally allowing us to have lunch. Right as the bell to start lunch rings, my phone buzzes with a text message. It's from Reno, asking if I want to go to the diner for lunch, his treat. I accept, of course. I love eating at the diner.

       I meet Reno at the front of the school. Since we're going to the diner together, we decide to take only one of our cars there. Reno's car ends up being the winner, only because I love going in it.

       As Reno drives us to the diner, I can't help but constantly look at him. Why does he have to be so gorgeous? My heart won't be able to take anymore of this.

       Reno soon notices. "Why are you looking at me?"

       "Because you look so cool," I say. "You can't expect to get a septum piercing and not have me die over it." I place my hand over my heart. "It's about to burst any second."

       "Well, I'm glad you like it then," Reno says. "I'm going to be honest. I was actually debating taking out all of my piercings and dying my hair back to its natural colour. To get people to stop judging me."

       I furrow my eyebrows. One thing I like about Reno is how unique he is and what he does to express himself. Obviously, I wouldn't stop liking him if he took his piercings out, but it would kind of be upsetting that he would have let everyone's opinions of him get to him.

       "Is this because of the spiked punch?" I ask.

       "Yeah. It was the first dance I went to and it was completely ruined for me."

       "I'm glad you decided to keep your looks. And to get a septum piercing."

       "Yeah, that was my dad's idea. He told me to get another piercing to help my existential crisis so..."

       I smile at Reno. "I still really like it. It suits you"

       Reno smiles back at me, and I still can't get over how much I love his smile. So throughout lunch, I constantly try everything I can just to see him smile. And when lunch finishes, I realized that I am long gone. Head over heels. I will do anything for Reno.

       And I don't know what to do about it. Part of me wants to tell him. The other part is too afraid. So the best thing I can do is find someone who can give me a second opinion.

       As annoying as Celine is, I would normally go to her for relationship advice. All the advice she has given me in the past has been helpful. But I don't want to go to her this time, not when she also thinks the worst of Reno.

       My parents or Grandma aren't an option either, so that just leaves one person I think I can talk to.

       Thankfully, I run into her on my way to third period. "Hey, can I quickly talk to you about something?"

       Padma nods. "Yeah, of course."

       "Okay, thanks," I say. "You can tell me if you don't have good enough advice for me but uh... There's someone I like, and I don't know what to do about it."

       "It's Reno, isn't it?" Padma asks.

       "Yeah, it's kind of obvious... The thing is I want to tell him, but at the same time I'm worried that telling him would ruin our friendship."

       "Are you worried that he's straight?" Padma asks. 

       I shake my head. "No, I know he's not. But just because he's not straight doesn't mean he feels the same way so... Yeah, telling him might make things awkward if he doesn't feel the same."

       "Okay, I'm going to be completely honest," Padma says. "I think you should tell him, even if you're worried it might mess things up. Think of it this way. Let's say he does feel the same, but he's waiting for you to make the first move. If you never tell him, then he's going to assume he doesn't feel the same. Besides, I always think it's better to tell them to see what happens than to never tell them and always wonder what could have happened. And I might be wrong, but I personally think that he does feel the same way."

       "Really?"

       Padma nods. "Really. I've known him for years and he has never smiled at anyone the way he smiles at you. I think you should go to it."

       I can't help but hug Padma for saying the things I needed to hear. "Thank you."

       Padma laughs as she hugs me back. "I assume this means you're going to tell him?"

       "Yeah, I will. I just need to figure out how and when, but I'm determined to do it before the weekend."

        "Then I wish you the best of luck. Tell me how it goes."

       "I will."

__________________

padma is the best thank you for coming to my ted talk.

we are so close to getting reno and weisz together. even though i'm the one writing this, i can't wait lol.