chapter 33: weisz is very much in love and can't function

~weisz~

       "Weisz, why do you keep glancing at the front door?" Celine asks. 

       I look away from the front door and to my sister, who is currently setting our Christmas snacks onto the coffee table. "I'm not."

       "You are," Celine says. "What, do you think they're not going to show up? You were literally texting Reno not too long ago about when he and his dad can come over."

       "Yeah, but..." I don't know exactly how I can tell Celine, or the rest of my family, that I'm worried they'll judge Reno's dad. When my parents found out that Reno was going to come over for a bit on Christmas and that it's just him and his dad, they insisted on inviting Roger over as well.

       Grandma is still persistent that the bikers who hang out at the diner are evil people, so I hope she doesn't say anything when she finds out Roger is one of those people.

       "But...?" Celine says.

       I shake my head. "Nothing. It's nothing."

       "Are you worried I'll try stealing your boyfriend from you?" Celine asks. "Because the more I see him at school, the hotter I think he is."

       "Excuse me?"

       "I was stupid to not think that at first."

       "Well, I wasn't worried about that before. Now I am."

       Celine smiles at me. "I'm teasing you, Weisz. I mean, yeah, he is hot, but I'm not that much of an asshole to try to steal him from you. But that doesn't mean I won't pursue him if you two ever break up."

       "Celine!"

       "Geez, you're so easy to rile up. I'm kidding, obviously. Nothing will make my ever pursue him. Well, unless someone pays me a million dollars."

       "Alright, Celine, you can leave your brother alone now," Mom says as she brings out some more snacks from the kitchen and sets them on the coffee table. 

       "You're no fun," Celine says. "Siblings are made to bother each other. Otherwise, what's the point of being siblings?"

       "There's a lot more to being siblings than just bothering each other," Mom says.

       The doorbell suddenly rings, so Celine quickly gets up before I can even move. "I'll get it."

       I stand up from the couch so I can answer the door instead since I really want to see Reno, as if I don't see him almost every day. "No, I will."

       Celine gently pushes me back down on the couch. "Don't be silly, Weisz. You shouldn't be wasting energy. I'll be a nice sister and get the door."

       I glare at Celine as she starts to walk to the front door. "Answering the door doesn't waste any energy."

       Celine ignores me as she opens the front door. I know she just wants to say hi to Reno first so she can tease me. I know my sister well enough to know she won't actually make any moves on Reno. She just likes teasing me. A lot.

        She did the same thing when I was dating Marie even though, to my knowledge, Celine is straight.

       "Why, hello, Reno," Celine says. "It's so nice to see you again since you haven't been over in so long."

       Reno furrows his eyebrows. "I was over here two days ago..."

        Knowing Celine is probably going to either pester me, Reno, or both, I get up from the couch and walk over to the front door. I smile at Reno before I give him a hug. "Merry Christmas, Reno."