Chapter 20: Meeting The Questioning Boy

Jen POV

I walked around town, my cape hovering over my eyes, my hand holding my holster.

I didn't bother glancing at anyone or anything, I just kept my eyes shaded. This was my first mission, and I will not blow it up.

I skimmed through the huge crowd, before stopping in front of a building. It was long and wide, bars caging entrances and people entered them. I looked down at my piece of paper, reading Corrida Colosseum.

I took a deep breathe, before walking over to the woman who was dressed in skimpy armor.

"May I help you?" She asked. I nodded.

"Hai. I would like to sign up for the contest of the colosseum," I said in a monotone. She nodded, pushing a clip board in front of me.

"Here, sign your name here please," she instructed, handing me a pen. I thought for a moment before smirking slightly.

Jen.

"Jen..." I murmured, slowly writing the name before handing the clip board back. She muttered something before, instructing me about rules at the colosseum, and stuff like that. I didn't really pay attention until we entered the huge doors.

I noticed the halls were slightly hollow and long. But the deeper you entered the bricked building, you'd hear more roars of chatter and yelling. I wasn't afraid, but unimpressed. I thought I would battle some sort of beast or the greatest pirate ever. Maybe like Red Hair Shanks! Yeah, impossible.

The woman and I finally were able to get to the other contestants. I wasn't impressed at the slightest. I frowned, looking around, trying to see anyone interesting, or possibly, him.

"Oh looky yer, who may you be little missy?" I turned around, seeing a man with a pitch black hair with a long beard, a bronze helmet covering his face and he was about 7 feet tall. Almost like a giant. Anyway, he wore a dark orange cape with this shreded skirt, and black underwear. He looked odd. Like, his beard, it's so long, it can almost compare to my body size.

I sighed, looking at the man, before turning to my newly shined gun. "Name's Jen. Please, do not make contact with me or I'll punch your neck," I threatened. Hey, I know it's rude but my father clearly stated not to talk to anyone. Only if I were instructed too, or if I knew the person.

He laughed, his laugh deep and rough. "Your quite the woman, ey? I'm Blazer, the greatest gladiator that ever lived," he grinned disgustingly, as it was clearly a lie. I can defeat this guy in less than 2 seconds. Nah, it'll just take less than a second.

I took a small breathe, before breathing out.

"I have no time for weaklings, such as yourself. You're only in the way, so I may excuse myself," I rushed, walking away. He only grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

"Ey, ey, yer think yer think can get away?" he snarled, glaring at me. "I'll teach yer a lesson!" He pulled his arm back and went for my gut. I jumped up, landing on his head and said, "And yer getting an ass whoopin'."

I did a back flip, landing on my hands and kicked Blazer's back. I flipped back and landed on my feet. He growled and went for another punch. I blocked the punch with one hand, and sighed.

"Guess I should finish things off. Yer hear me?" I mocked, smirking. He growled more, before bringing his other fist forth. I rolled my arms, tugging a thin pin out my pocket and injected it in Blazer's arm before he could punch me. He gasped, then groaned, before gaging and passing out. I sighed in relief, walking away.

I heard some men murmur and whisper, as I close my eyes. He has to be here somewhere...

"Oi! You!" I heard another voice cry. I growled, glancing over where the voice was heard. It was an old man. Wait, but he doesn't look old at all...

He looks about nineteen and has raven black hair that was flattened from his helmet. He wore short jeans that reached below his knee and a hawaiian shirt that was unbutton, revealing his scarred chest. His white beard swung across his chin, a small scar under his eye.

I narrowed my eyes at him, seeing his coloured cape.

"I saw you fighting that guy! Boy your strong," he noted, grinning ear to ear. Somehow, I found that grin familiar and so loving it can make you smile.

I held back a smile, making my lips quiver before mutter, "Just leave." I began to walk away but was stopped by the boy.

"Oi oi~ Can you at least introduce yourself?" He questioned, grabbing my shoulder. I growled lowly, before swallowing back words and murmuring, "Jen..."

His eyes grew wide, his grip tightening. If I can say, his eyes were being filled with tears and his grin dropping.

I glared at him, slapping his hand off my shoulder. "I have to go," I whispered lowly, starting to walk away. The boy didn't take that as a response. He ran towards me, tackling me to the ground. I tried to push him off me, but he pinned my arms down on the ground, my hood falling back and revealing my face.

I gritted my teeth and growled at him. "Oi! Let me go!" I struggle, but he kept his position. Before I knew it, I was being hugged by him.

My eyes grew wide, the warmth of the boy touching my body. I tried to speak, command him to stop, but I couldn't say anything.

I bite my bottom lip, and slowly hugged back, maybe bring him comfort.

After a while of hugging and some lectures of public affectionate, he finally let go. He stood up and helped me stand up.

"Geez, you didn't have to tackle me to the ground.." I whispered, looking down.

The boy seemed a bit confused before asking, "Hey, Jen, what are you doing here? I thought you were kidnapped."

My head shot up, looking at him confusingly. "What? What kidnapping? And you act like you know me, when you just met me," I protest, frowning. He gave me a wary look, before grabbing my wrist and dragging me somewhere. I grunted, saying, "Where the hell are you taking me?"

He didn't respond for a while before saying, "You'll see."