Cutting Deep

~Ian's POV~

I walk into the room behind Haven and see Jason coughing and struggling to breathe. She helps him sit up, tears streaming down her face.
"Someone call 911!!" I yell behind me. Within a few minutes we could hear the ambulance arriving. I pull Haven out of the way as the paramedics come in and load him onto a stretcher, him still struggling to breath. Haven cries into my shoulder and I hold her. Jordan, Tyler and Adam come in and tell us that they're going to the hospital to keep an eye on Jason. Haven turns to go with them.
"Haven you should stay here." I say.
"I have to make sure he's okay." She cries as I hold her back from leaving.
"Haven listen to me, you should go lay down and take a nap. If anything happens I'll wake you up...please." I whisper to her. She gives up struggling and just sobs. I carry her to her room and lay her on her bed. I kiss her forehead and close the door on my way out. Sighing, I go downstairs. Jerome and Mitch were in the living room.
"Is she okay?" Mitch asks. I shake my head.
"She's sleeping right now. I told Adam to let me know what happens at the hospital. She will want to know everything when she wakes up..." I tell them.
"I thought the doctors said he would be okay?" Jerome adds.
"I don't know what happened. I guess all the smoke inhalation is finally getting to him. We just have to hope he's okay, or else Haven will be a basket case when we take her home." I comment. They both nod solemnly and I go check on her. She wasn't in her bed and her window was open. I race downstairs.
"She snuck out." I tell them. We hop into a car and drive to the hospital. We go inside and ask the receptionist for Jason's room. She tells us nod we go there. No Haven. Jerome goes inside and tells the others what's going on and Tyler and Jordan come with us to search for her. That idiot. She could get hurt. Adam stays at the hospital and says he will call us if she shows up. Jordan and I search near to the house, and the others stay close to the hospital. We search for hours, but no sign of her. We go back to the hospital, where Jason is awake.
"Hey Ian, Jordan. Is Haven here?" He asks as we walk in. I look at Jordan then back to Jason.
"Well....she's missing." I tell him.
"What!?" He exclaims. He tries getting up.
"We have to find her." He says. I shake my head.
"You need to stay here and get better for her. We will find her. I promise." I look at him and he reluctantly nods and lays back down. Adam looks at me and I shrug. Tyler stays with Jason and the rest of us go back out to find her. I head home, hoping she went back. Looking in every room, there's still no sign of her. She wouldn't have been able to get far. I look out if her window to see if I could tell where she went. Looking closely, I see the she went in the opposite direction of the hospital. I follow the route she took, and lose it at another street. That's when I hear the sobbing. I follow the sounds, and I find her. There was blood all over her arms.
"Haven!" I cry out as I go over to her. There was a bloody knife nearby, and she was muttering something.
"M-my.....f-fault....I-it's all m-my f-fault...." She keeps repeating. I take out my phone and call Adam.
"I found her. I'm gonna take her home. Tell him that she's alright." I say.
"Okay. See you later." He answers and I hang up. I pick her up and carry her home. She's still muttering that it's her fault. After I lay her down in her bed, I clean up her arms, and see a bunch of cuts and scars.
"Oh Haven..." I whisper. I never knew she did this to herself. Racing to the bathroom, I grab some band-aids and patch up her arms. I sit with her trying to calm her down.
"Haven it's alright...it's not your fault." I croon, but she keeps crying and muttering. Quietly, I leave the room to get some sleeping pills. I get her to take some, and in a little while, she's finally asleep. Thats when I hear people coming inside, and hear their footsteps quietly coming to Haven's room. Adam pokes his head in and I follow him into the hall for a moment.
"They're going to keep Jason at the hospital to make sure he gets better." Adam says. Something tells me he sees the look on my face.
"What's wrong?" He asks.
"She has scars all along her arms, and fresh cuts when I found her..." I answer. His eyes widen in shock and he looks inside at her.
"She was always so cheerful..." He murmurs. I nod and we go downstairs where everyone else was waiting.
"She needs sleep right now, so everyone please try to keep it down." I tell them. I wasn't going to reveal her secret to anyone else, because if Jason found out, it would be disastrous.

*_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_*

~Adam's POV~

It was my turn to keep watch on her. I sit in a chair next to her bed, and after maybe two hours, she wakes up.
"Hey Haven." I say calmly.
"H-hi..." She answers meekly.
"Do you wanna go downstairs and get something to eat?" I ask. She nods and I help her up, seeing her scars. She pulls her arms away and wraps them around her body. We go downstairs and into the kitchen. She sits at the table while I make her a sandwich. Ian walks in a moment later.
"Hey Haven. How are you doing?" He hugs her.
"O-okay I guess..." She replies. I hand her the sandwich and she gulps it down. After that, we take a trip to the hospital. We walk Haven to Jason's room. He gets the biggest smile on his face when he sees her.
"Hey Havs. I'm glad you're alright." He tells her. She gives him a small smile.
"What happened to your arms?" He pulls one closer. She yanks in back quickly.
"U-um....n-nothing. They just got scratched up..." She doesn't meet his eyes. I look at Ian and he shakes his head. Jason kisses Haven's cheek, and whispers something.
"When I get out of here, I have a surprise for you." He whispers. She nods, and we take her home. She races up to her bedroom, and comes back with a bag packed like she's going somewhere. Jordan and Tyler are by the door.
"Haven what's going on?" Ian asks what everyone is thinking.
"I'm going with Jordan and Tyler....I'm not gonna stay and cause Jason even more pain. It's my fault he's in the hospital...he's better off without me." She explains, then leaves with Jordan and Tyler. We all stare at each other in shock. How would Jason react?