A Perfect Day

~Brittany's POV~

Preston and I walk down the street, our hands intertwined. We had been dating for a month. Two months ago was when I was shot by Jordan and Jason rescued Carlea. And finally there was peace.
"So what do you think Carlea and Jason are doing?" He asks.
"I don't care you cactus." I tease him. He kisses me and we walk into the movie theatre. We sit all the way at the top. The lights dim and the movie starts. We were seeing a scary movie for our one month anniversary. Preston made sure we would be the only ones in the theatre. He holds me in his arms whenever I'm scared. I bury my face in his shirt and he kisses my head.
"It's alright dear." He murmurs. I look up at him and he kisses me softly. I giggle and watch the rest of the movie. When it's over, he holds my hand and leads me to my favorite ice cream shop. Ian was there.
"Hi Ian." I say. He turns.
"Hey Brit. Preston." He replies. Preston buys me some chocolate chip mint ice cream while he gets cookies and cream.
"Where are you heading next?" Ian asks as we sit down. I shrug and Preston smiles.
"I'm taking my lovely cactus queen to the amusement park." Preston teases me. I roll my eyes playfully and we chat with Ian until our ice cream is gone, then part ways. Today couldn't get any better.

~Jason's POV~

Carlea and I head to the amusement park. We were meeting up with Preston and Brittany. She sits in the passenger seat of my car, her phone blasting my song Criminal.
"We need to have a rave party with this song." She comments. I smile and pull into a parking space. Getting out, I rush around the car and open her door. Smiling she gets out and stretches. I close her door and put my arm around her waist. We walk to the entrance and as I pay for our tickets, she puts her hair into a ponytail.
"You've never put your hair like that before." I say. She shrugs.
"I don't normally like having my hair up, but I'm gonna be running around a lot so why not." She replies. We head inside and she immediately takes a right.
"Where are we going?" I ask.
"I wanna go to my favorite ride now before it gets crowded." She explains. I grab her hand and we jog to the Batman ride. We get in line and she calls Brittany.
"Hey were at Gotham City in line for Batman. Head this way with Preston and we can all ride Mr. Freeze together." She talks into the phone. After she hangs up, we had about a twenty minute wait. That's when she started singing.

"I'm at war with the world and they
Try to pull me into the dark
I struggle to find my faith
As I'm slipping from your arms.

It's getting harder to stay awake
and my strength is fading fast
You breath into me at last

I'm awake
I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want cause this is my life
Here (right here) right now (right now)
I'll stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't ever gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

I'm awake
I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want cause this is my life
Here (right here) right now (right now)
I'll stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive

Waking up waking up
Waking up waking up
Waking up waking up
Waking up waking up

In the dark
I can feel you in my sleep
In your arms I feel you breathe into me
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you