Infighting

~Jason's POV~

"We have to save Carlea." I state. He laughs.
"Fat chance. Brittany is more important." Preston glares at me.
"To save the girl you choose, you must play on her favorite map or mod, and find every gold nugget hidden throughout the map. But once you choose a map, the other one closes forever." A voice echoes and two portals appear. One has a sign on it that says Carlea, and the other says Brittany. I start toward Carlea's portal but I'm bowled over by Preston. He pins me to the ground.
"We are saving Brittany." He growls.
"No!" I shout and then there's pain in my jaw, and it see his fist clenched. He punched me! My rage boils and I use this spurt of adrenaline to knock him off. I give him an uppercut and he kicks my side. We glare at each other.
"What makes Carlea more important than Brittany!?" Preston says.
"Because I love her, and she means the world to me." I reply.
"Well Brittany is my world!" Preston adds. I shake my head, and Preston charges, I dodge and punch him in the stomach, then knock his legs out from under him. We fight for almost an hour, before he finally drops. While he is down I approach the portal.

~Mitch's POV~

"N-no..." Preston chokes out. He has blood coming from a cut on his cheek, and Jason looks at all of us.
"Jason stop." Adam says.
"We can find a way to rescue both of the girls, but not if you act out of blind rage." Ian adds.
"Why should I believe any of you? You could be on Preston's side and willing to let Carlea die instead of Brittany." Jason scoffs.
"Jason Carlea is like my little sister. There is nothing I wouldn't do for her." Ian reminds him. I look at the portals.
"We should divide up, and jump into both portals at once." I suggest. Preston looks at me.
"Are you sure it will work?" Jerome asks me. I shrug. That's when we heard it.
"Oh shit. Guys we need a plan, and fast." Ty shouts. I look around and see five withers rising into the air. Preston looks at the group.
"Quentin, Mitch, Jerome, with me. Ian, Adam, and Ty can go with Jason." He yells. We nod and go to our portals, then both groups go in at once. Please let this work.

~Ian's POV~

I look around and see a place I was unfamiliar with.
"The Dropper." Adam and Ty say in unison. She just had to pick the dropper. There're a bolt of lightning and a sign appears.
"There are nine budder nuggets, and on the final level, there is a hopper. Find all nine nuggets and make a budder ingot and drop it in, only then will the girl you chose be free." I read aloud. Jason is already looking around for hidden chests. Adam finds the place where we drop.
"Due to this games difficulty, you will all have five revives each, meaning you can die five times, but then you're gone for good." A computer voice says. Jason nods and goes over to to launch site.
"I say we have one person jump ahead of everyone else to find the water, and shout back when it's clear to come down." Ty suggests. Jason nods, and backs up. I sigh and approach the hole in the ground. I look down, and step forward. At this speed it's hard to focus, but I manage to make it. I look up and cup my hands around my mouth.
"STRAIGHT DOWN!" I yell, then Jason, Ty and Adam land in the water. We search for the budder nugget. Ty finds it and when we teleport to the next level, he places it in an ender chest. Adam goes down first this time, and gives the all clear. We plummet downwards and reach the water. I look around and discover the nugget. I toss it to Ty to put in his ender chest. We approach the next one and Ty goes down, and we see him reappear next to us. He has lost one life. Adam goes in his place, and calls up to us the way to go. I follow his directions and we all reach the ground. Jason finds the nugget and hands it to Ty. I look at Jason. He has been really quiet since we started, so I go over to him.
"You alright?" I ask. He shakes his head.
"What if we can't make it in time?" He looks at me, pure terror in his eyes. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"She's tough. And she isn't gonna go down easy. We will get there." I assure him. He nods and we move on. After a painfully long hour, we reach the last level, Adam has three lives, Ty has two, Jason has four, and I have four. We don't let Ty go first anymore. I look down and can't see any water. Adam steps up, but I shake my head. I have more lives and I didn't want anyone to lose anymore.
"Here I go." I utter, then jump. Spiraling around, I find that the water is the wall right next to me. I swerve hard and make it at the last second.
"THE WATER IS THE WALL TO YOUR RIGHT!!" I yell. The others jump down, and we hunt for the chest with the nugget. We spend fifteen minutes looking and we can't find it. Jason goes into a panic.
"Where is it?!" He shouts. Punching a wall, he has tears falling down his face.
"I'm gonna lose her..." He whispers and falls to his knees. Then suddenly, we are back in the deathmatch arena with Preston's group. There were no withers anymore. Preston walks over.
"I was five minutes from saving Brittany! I hope you're happy!" He yells. Then looks over the group.
"You...didn't rescue Carlea?" He asks. I shake my head as Jason sobs. Then two people walk over. It's Brittany and Carlea! The girls approach us and when they are five blocks from us, they stop.

"Hey guys...what's for lunch?"