Dark Moon - 3

Was this probably the dumbest plan we could ever come up with? Probably. We all drove past the border and arrived in Mexico not long the next day. We brought the whole pack with us for backup. Malia, Kira, us.

It was surprising how we could all fit in one car. The Jeep obviously. We all told our parents we were going camping, none of us wanted them to find out. I wanted my parents to be as stress free as possible. Especially dad. 

Stiles and Lydia were out about to talk to the Calaveras leader, Araya Calavera. I was a little worried, considering they were carrying $50,000 from the Japanese Mafia for my cousin's release. Don’t ask how we got our hands on it, but as it turns out anyone can be bought from the right price. 

The others and I were located at a club owned by the hunters. If it wasn’t for the fact Deeek was probably underground somehow I might actually be enjoying myself among the dancing and music. But I will admit I did do a little dancing, we did need to blend in with the crowd after all.

Scott and I proceeded away from the crowd once we smelled both Lydia and Stiles’ scent. We knew as soon as they arrived the hunters would start checking the party scene. See who’s human and who’s not. 

It was easy to slip away from the party, and much easier to take out the north wall guard. Obviously they didn’t expect us. 

“North? ¿Norte?” comes in a voice through the unconscious man’s radio. “¿Dónde está el norte?” I had to suppress a smirk as Scott picked the radio up and spoke into it. “Stiles, take ten off the table.” 

The two of us returned back to the party, where Malia and Kira were already taking down the hunters that had shown up. Malia with just her natural strength and Kira with some nunkunckss. Another hunter came for us but I raised my hand. I didn’t fire any purple pisconics, but it still lingered around my hands as I grabbed the man telekinetically. 

Yes, telekinetically. Like I said, Athena was training me. I squeezed hard enough to construct his airflow and render him unconscious, before dropping him on the ground. It was probably a good thing most of the people around us were far too busy getting drunk or dancing to even notice the commotion. 

With the hunters taken care of, we all went down a hallway that would hopefully lead us to my cousin. We could still hear the beat of the music as we walked down the hallway, watching our backs in case more started to appear. Suddenly without warning, smoke started to seep through the doors and then through some sort of device on the walls.

“It’s wolfsbane!” I yelled and immediately began to cough as the smoke covered the hallway entirely. When Athena said we were witches I was assuming we would have some sort of weakness so wolfsbane wouldn’t affect me much but no, of course it still does. 

“Kira, get out of here!” Scott yells at Kira since she is the only one not affected. But before she has a chance to do so Calaveras arrives and one of them hits her in the back of the head with the butt of his rifle. 

“Someone who has been an Alpha only a few months should be more careful when facing a Hunter of forty years.” Araya Calavera scolded Scott. Araya was an old, more experienced hunter. Honestly she terrified me. Not going to lie, she and Gerard would make a great fit. 

I groaned, coughing as I fell on my knees and looked up at her. “All we want is Derek.” 

“Ay, lobita.” She said almost mockingly. “You're a long way from home.” Yeah no shit. I looked up at the woman, she had this look in her eyes.

Realizing something, she obviously captured Stiles and Lydia. And probably also took the money but is now taking us. She wouldn’t do that unless- my eyes bulged from my sockets.