A promise to the dead - 2

"So how would this work?" I asked Athena as she flipped through book after book. "In order for your cousin to evolve, he needs to find a balance between his Werewolf nature and human one." 

I nodded in understanding but I still didn't fully understand. "But that's not happening any time soon because his wolf side is basically dying and he's dying soon." 

Athena nods, smiling up at me. "Exactly." 

I frowned. "How is that fine?!" 

"Because, when he's on the verge of death your cousin will basically be human. But if you give him just enough of the Alpha spark he will have a foot in each door." 

"So he's going to evolve that way?" Athena nods. "I just need some of your blood to extract some of the Alpha stract from you." 

At that I pulled up my sleeve and offered up my hand. "What are you waiting for?" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Where have you been?" Stiles asked as I hurried up the steps to his bedroom. "With Athena." I answered as truthfully as possible, jumping on my toes to give him a quick kiss before retreating to his bedroom. 

"All day?" Stiles questioned, slightly unsure as he followed me in his bedroom. I flopped on his bed, staring at the roof as he continued to talk. "What were you and Athena doing that made you miss school?" 

I sighed as I sat up. "If you really want to know we were trying to figure out a way to save Derek." 

Stiles frowned. "Save Derek? But- how?" 

"Well we have an idea on how to do it." I admitted. "We've been working on it." The only bad thing is that according to our hours of research is that he has to be on the verge of Death to evolve. 

"Izzie you do realize that Lydia said he was going to die right?" Stiles reminded me as soothingly as possible. I nodded. "I know." 

"And you know that as crazy powerful your family is you can't just cheat death right?" 

Please, Peter was dead once. And he completely broke every ethical law to come back to life. He basically mind wiped my best friend into bringing him back. He did it. 

"Stiles," I sighed as I stood up to face him. "You know what's worse than watching someone you love die? Not being able to do something about it." 

Stiles goes still. And then I remembered he knows the feeling all too well. With his mother. I covered my face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be insensitive." 

Stiles shakes his head. "It's fine you didn't mean it." He crossed his arms, giving me this concerned look. "Are you sure about this? I mean I know that Athena and you are witches but have you considered the consequences if this actually works?" 

I took a breath. We talked about it. The Alpha spark is what gave me the ability to activate my witch side. So there is a possibility that if I give Derek the spark he once gave me, I will end up diminishing my own powers. And possibly take away the wolf from me. 

I shrugged. "As long as Derek lives I don't care." I refuse to lose any more family. There wasn't time to discuss magic crap when it came to Aiden and Allison's deaths. There was no time. And I will always hate that. But there is time to save Derek. And I will be damned if I don't try to save him. 

And I would do it all over again to save him or any of the others. 

“Drop what you're doing–" came Stilinski's ecstatic voice as he popped into the room. "I'm taking you both out to dinner.”