117 - 3

“I lied my ass off.” I groan as I bang my head on the countertop of the station reception desk. Mom was with Stilinski and Derek signing his release as she was his legal guardian seeing as he was "16" years old. 

Not only did I lie to him about what happened to his family, I lied to him about myself. I introduced myself as "Athena Martin". I basically just lied to him about who I really was.

I'm playing the role of Lydia's sister. I can't believe I did that. It's like the lies just kept piling up. 

“Hey, your ass is fine.” Stiles assured, which I am pretty sure was also a compliment.

“I know it’s just. When we did this the first round-" I paused. I didn't want to remember that. Derek cut himself off from us. He blamed himself for the fire and even to this day I still don't know why. He's never told me.

I suppose this would be the perfect opportunity to figure out why. But I can't do that to him. 

"I don’t want him to go through that pain again." I continued and creased my eyebrows in concern. "But then what if he finds out?“

“We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old-Derek, everybody's happy!” Stiles exclaimed as he took me by the shoulders. He looked down for a second.

“Except for Derek, who's never happy.” 

“It's just another person that we're lying to.” Scott said. “I always feel like it's always been better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, my mom, your dad.” 

Stiles nods. “Yeah, but that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale.”

Scott nods. “All right. Take him to my house, and don't let him out of your sight.” He ordered. I nodded, it probably wasn't a good idea to take him to my house or the loft. 

“And where are you going?” I called out to Scott as he began to leave.

“I'm going to talk to the guy we should have gone to before.” He answered before leaving the station. Peter. He meant Peter.

I suppose it would make sense for him to help us figure out why Kate turned Derek into a teenager again. Considering that Derek and Peter used to be close as two peas in a pot back then. 

Stiles yelled after him when he realized he meant my uncle. “Yeah, I hate that guy!”

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

“We're going to wait here for Scott.” Stiles tells Derek as we enter the McCall residence. “We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone.”

Mom went with Scott to go talk to her brother since it was more likely he would talk to her then with Scott. Which left Stiles and I babysitting Derek. Which is funny because he used to babysit me. 

The ride here was mostly silent, because having your much older cousin the same age as you makes weird conversation. 

“Do I talk to you?” Derek asked Stiles. “No.”

“Fine.”

“Good.”

It's funny, no matter what age Derek is he still doesn't like Stiles. 

“Who's going to talk to him?” Stiles and I almost screamed when we saw Rafeal in the kitchen holding a brown paper bag. Food from the smell of it. 

“Are you getting taller?” Stiles questioned startled. 

“What are you guys doing here?” Rafeal asked us. “We're waiting for Scott.” Derek answered.