I.E.D - 2

“This is stupid.” I muttered as Derek and I sneaked into the boys locker room. This was a sort of test to see how Liam does under anger. He's finally accepted what he was, but since he's on the team he needs to learn how to control his anger issues. 

Scott came up with this plan, and I'm not totally against it. But the last time Derek and I were with a new werewolf it didn't end well. 

“This is the kind of thing that gets you in jail!” Derek shushed me as we waited for Liam. 

"Hey you would tell me if anything was going on with you right?" I questioned my cousin as nonchalantly as I could. Derek frowns at the question. "Always. Why do you ask?" 

"Mom and Dad told me you nearly blew them up because you didn't smell the claymore mind or the blood." This is what worried me the most.

His eyes were no longer blue, he's apparently losing his sense of smell. What happens if he loses his other abilities?

"I'm fine." Derek tried to dismiss it. "Whatever Kate did to you is clearly doing something." I objected. 

Derek shrugs. "I still have enough strength to punch Stiles." Oh like that's supposed to put my mind at ease. When Derek learned we were dating he stared at the wall for a very long time, and very much threatened Stiles. 

I'm about to argue back with him till I hear Liam's voice. He just really has perfect timing. 

“What the hell?” Liam said when he realized his lacrosse stick was gone from his locker. “Where's my stick?” Well right now it's in my hands. 

Derek takes an extra lacrosse stick we're pretending is Liams and runs it over the lockers which causes it to bounce over the metal and make a trail of ringing.

Liam comes over when he hears the sound. Derek walked up, while I stayed behind. 

Derek looked at the stick down in his hands with a smirk as he looked at Liam. “Is this yours?” He breaks it and I facepalm myself as he throws it at Liam’s feet. 

I know this is the plan, but really? Testing a Beta with anger issues, a strong one, with my cousin who apparently is losing his abilities. That really is a great mix. 

Liam’s eyes glow yellow and he charges at Derek without even thinking. Derek barely pulls a muscle as he grabs Liam by the throat and pushes him against the row of lockers. Liam struggled to escape his grip. 

“Okay that’s enough big guy,” I said as I came over to Liams rescue, and probably Derek's. I clapped my cousin on the back. Scott approached, “Liam.” 

Liams fangs drop when Scott calls him. Oh the power an alpha has. 

“You're right–“ Derek agreed as he inspected Liam. “He is angry.” 

Derek let him go, and Liam wasn’t exactly happy. I held up his actual lacrosse stick. 

“This one’s yours.” I hand it to him while he continues to glare at Derek, who stares back. 

“Liam, I would like you to meet my cousin Derek.” I introduced them. Liam points at Derek angrily, “You're related to him?” 

“Yeah. Why?” I asked as I looked at Derek and back at Liam. “You don’t see the resemblance?” 

Liam stays quiet even as the bell rings. “Get to class, Liam.” Scott tells him, and Liam does so berugently. Still glaring at Derek as he makes his exit. 

Derek and I smiled at Scott. “What are you smiling about?” 

“You're gonna be good at this.” Derek complimented. We've come so far with him. From sleep walking into the middle of the woods with no control over his shift to becoming an Alpha. I have to say I have never felt prouder. 

“Are you kidding? I am totally unprepared!" Scott exclaims panicked. "Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think right now, I could use a full-on training manual…” 

“I'll tell you one thing–“ Derek said. “That anger he's got? It'll make him strong.” 

“And dangerous.” Scott pointed out. 

I nodded. “Very.” This is partly why bitten werewolves are so much harder to train. Much more so if Liam has anger issues. 

Scott sighs as he sits down on the bench. “This was supposed to be the semester I could focus on school again.” 

I wanted to laugh but honestly that's what I thought was going to happen. Just focus on what's left of high school. With all the death we've seen, seeing more of it didn't help. 

Derek and I sat down next to him. “But Kate's back, and I've got a Beta, and there's a Deadpool-“ 

“If all of our names are on that list, then that's what we should be focused on.” Derek said. “Do you think Lydia can get that second key?” 

I nodded. I know she can, she's just having a hard time trying. Malia was with her trying to help, but I'm guessing that wasn't working seeing as she texted me a minute ago. “She's working on it" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

“Economic disparity exists in all forms.” Coach addressed our economy class. All I really want to do is stab myself in the eye to get out of it. It's not that I didn't like Coach because I do, I just want to leave so I can go help Lydia with that freaking Cypher key. 

“Well, take sports, for example. Some teams have better training facilities, some have better equipment." Coach says as he waved around a lacrosse stick in his hands to show us its current condition. "Unlike Beacon Hills, that can barely afford the duct tape to keep our equipment together.” 

Coach knocks on Stiles' desk with the lacrosse stick in his hands. Stiles sits up startled, almost dropping crime scene photos everywhere. I don’t even want to ask how he got them from his dad. Probably stole them. Definitely. 

“You know, Stilinski…” Coach said after seeing one of the photos. “If I could grade you on how profoundly you disturb me, you'd be an A-plus student.” 

Stiles smiles even though that was hardly a compliment. “Thanks coach.” 

“Put those pictures away.” Before he does so Stiles suddenly grabs the end of the lacrosse stick, jerking Coach back. 

“Stilinski!” Stiles removed the white cap off the end of the stick and looked at the photos. Comparing the hole to the puncture wound on Carrie Hudons skin. 

“The hell is wrong with you?” Coach pulled away and lifted a finger. “Don’t answer that.” 

Scott and I looked at Stiles because it was clear he just had an epiphany. “It's a lacrosse player.” He told us in a whisper as Coach walked back up to the front. “The killer's on the team.”