I.E.D - 3

“This is pointless–“ Scott exclaimed as he, Stiles, Kira and I removed all the caps off every single lacrosse stick we found in coaches office. The wound on Carrie Hudson matched the hexagonal shape of the end of a lacrosse stick. Which meant it could be any of the members of the team. 

“Most of the team plays with their own gear.” 

“Maybe instead of trying to find a lacrosse stick with a hidden dagger in it, we should be trying to get the game canceled?” Kira suggested.

Kira was now joining the team after showing off her reflexes by accident at tryouts. Good for her, although canceling the game which would be the first game of the season would be impossible, also not wise. 

I shake my head. “The game's the best way to catch him red-handed.” 

“But what if he's red-handed 'cause his hands are covered in the blood of the person that he just stabbed to death?” Stiles points out. “Which, by the way, could be either of you guys.” 

Well he wasn't wrong. 

“Or Liam.” Scott muttered. “Well, we don't have the whole list, and he could be on it.” 

And he also wasn't wrong. 

“We don't know anything about that list–“ Stiles reminds him. “How it's made, how it's updated. I mean, who's been out taking a supernatural census, anyway?” 

“How do they even know about me?” Kira questioned. “They know about everyone.” I muttered as I bit my nail. There had to be some way they knew that. Just what the hell is it? 

Stiles sighs. “I think Kira's right. I think we should stop the game.” 

Scott stands up determined. “I'm not afraid.” 

Kira nods. “Neither am I.”

“Well, I'm terrified, and I'm not even on the list!” Stiles exclaimed. 

"Guys, these are professional killers-- it's their profession." He states. "One of them's got a thermo-cut wire that cuts heads off! Who knows what else they have?”

Again. He wasn't wrong. 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"What if there's some sort of spell that can protect you guys?" I muttered to no one in particular as the boys and I walked out of the school. "Maybe Athena has some sort of charm?" 

Stiles shrugged. "That wouldn't be such a bad idea." Scott nods in agreement. "We have to try." 

So that's three votes all in. Unlike Gran and pops (my dad's adoptive parents that lived in Seattle), Athena is the only grandparent, I guess, that actually knows how to handle modern technology.

It's helpful but also not so much because since I've been missing lessons, she's just sending me all the stuff I need and expects me to be caught up whenever I decide to arrive for practice. 

I shot her a quick text asking about any protection spell she has, and she agreed to meet up with me at the lacrosse game. So that's settled. 

"Hey aren't those the kids from Liam's old school?" Stiles questioned as he pointed to a bus full of kids from the opposing team playing tonight. "Oh damn."

We stayed glued to our spots, ready to jump into action if things started to get heated as Liam walked over to I'm guessing the captain of the team. Liam extends his hand to the kid, which surprised us all. “I just wanted to say have a good game.” 

The kid laughs. “That's cute, Liam. Is that what they told you to say in anger management?" He mocked. "Apologize, and everything's fine? You demolished Coach's car.”