Muted - 2

“I hate math.” Malia said as I marched her back inside the classroom. “It's pointless.” Malia returning to school was a hard transition.

Because the last time she went to school she was 8, and she was learning how to add and subtract. Now, she was learning a bunch of highschool math with letters and symbols. 

It was safe to say she doesn't like it. 

“It's school!” I remind her as I force her in a seat inside the classroom and take the empty seat behind Lydia. “School is important, and math is essential.”

“To what?”

“Knowing how much to tip at restaurants.” Stiles answered. Lydia looked at him annoyed.

“And other less important things, like medicine, economics, engineering.” 

Stiles shrugs. “Tipping.” I chuckled lightly at my boyfriend. The goofball.

“All right, volunteers to the board!” Ms

“All right, volunteers to the board!” Ms. Fleming called, making us turn in our seats and take out our notes. “Lydia, Diego, Malia.”

“Um... I didn't volunteer.” Malia told her. “You did now." Ms. Fleming said. "To the board!” 

Malia turns in her seat, growling at me before she goes to the board. Jesus, she is definitely Peter's daughter all right. Actually, Malia still doesn't know about it. I don't even know if it's the truth.

I've had plenty of opportunities to take a strand of hair from her and test it against my own to see if there's any familiarity but I still haven't. 

I would like to believe that Peter having a daughter is something that would change him. For the better. But that kind of feels like something he should tell her.

Malia went up the board but she was practically frozen, Lydia must have whispered to her the answer because she breathed in relief. 

Stiles' phone buzzed with a text of something and when he read it his eyes went wide. "What is it?" I questioned. 

"Triple homicide." 

A triple homicide? Here in Beacon Hills. I would have pressed for more answers but Ms. Fleming was going around the class helping some students with the work and what not. But the suspense was eating me alive. Same with Stiles. 

But as soon as class was over, Stiles and I hurried to find Scott who was with Kira. 

“An axe-murderer?” I was surprised at what Stiles had told us. Apparently he set up alarms on his phone and got this one. An axe murder had killed here in Beacon Hills. 

“A family-murdering axe-murderer!” Stiles corrected. Scott shrugs as we neared his locker. “I already heard about it.”

“Wait, what?” I asked surprised. “You did? How?”