Monstrous - 2

"The argents arm house is surprisingly spacious." I muttered as we broke into the storage space.

I'm saying broke in because we didn't actually ask Argent for permission. We have no idea where he is.

And we really didn't have any tike to bring all of Satomi's pack here to hide from the hunters if we just waited for Argent to answer.

"Do you smell that?" Brett asked as he straightened up. On alert as he stands in front of his little sister, the blonde that's around Liam's age. Lori.

I frowned at what he was saying but then caught the smell of an Argents scent.

"Wait! Wait!" I yelled as Brett extended his claws and fangs and ran to the smell. He got all up in Argents face who aimed his weapon but didn't pull the trigger, keeping a calm face.

"Brett!"

"This is his place-" Scott tells him as he steps in between them both. "It's his." Brett immediately backed up once Argent lowered his weapon.

I understand they aren't willing to trust anyone, especially a hunter considering they were just being hunted not even a night ago.

"Scott, Isabelle." Argent says almost scoldingly. "If you're bringing guests, you could have called."

Why the hell is he scolding me?! I was this close to arguing about why I was called into this when it was Scotts idea to bring them here, but I don't because we had different things to argue about.
Mom shrugged at him.

"We didn't have anywhere else to take them."

"I know this man." Satomi said when she got a good look at Argent, stepping closer. "He may not remember, but we've met before."

"You can trust him." Mom told her as she looked at Argent. "I trust him."

Well that was a given. They don't talk a whole lot but I guess they do have some mutual understanding.

Considering that they both have siblings who were good (I guess in Kate's case I really don't know), went Darkseid, killed innocent people, died, and then came back to life.

Wow. They should start a book club or something.

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi questioned.

"What others?" Argent asked.

"Last night." Kira answered as I took out an arrow head and gave it to him. "There was a whole team after them, and they used crossbows."

"They're Hunters, aren't they?" Dad states with crossed arms. Argent shakes his head. "Not if they're killing for profit. Not anymore."

Oh so there's a difference now huh. I thought hunters got paid regardless. I.e Kate. I don't mean you Allison! R.I.P

"Can they find us?" Brett wondered. Argent nods. "They might already know you're here. Maybe they're waiting for dark." Sure. Why not?

"So we're not safe here?" Kira questioned, slightly terrified. Satomi shakes her head.

"We're not safe anywhere. We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us."

Argent walked up. "If they're coming, Scott, Isabelle, they're coming for you, too. You're both in the top 3 of Deadpool." Scott and I sighed. He really didn't have to remind us.

Half the time I already felt like I was walking around with a target on my back way before any of this happened, and that's just because given what I was. But now I have a paid target on my back.