Time of death - 3

Stiles and I easily found Argent, thanks to my nose and the fact he smells. A lot. We found him in the hallway, and not with my dad. Damn him.

When we reached him he turned around with his gun pointed straight at our faces. Instinct I guess. “He put it down, big guy.” I said, putting my hand over the barrel and gently lowering it. 

“The power's out in the whole building.” Stiles told him. “We lost all the cameras.” 

Argent sighed frustrated. “Stay with Scott. Text me if you see or hear anything.” Well no shit.

Argent rushed off before I could say anything else. “This is still ridiculous.” I muttered under my breath, Stiles nodded and kissed my cheek. “Definitely.” 

The two of us went back upstairs to the morgue, Athena wasn’t posted outside like she was supposed to be. There was that same familiar scent as before. Well, now I’m worried. 

“Come on, come on.” Stiles and I muttered as he called Argent and I called my dad, but they weren’t answering. Now I’m really wishing that we had access to the security cameras. Then we’d be able to see where they are. “Where the hell are they?” 

Our question was soon answered when we heard the sound of a scuffling fight outside. Stiles and I whirled around when we saw Argent get thrown in through the morgue's double doors. He was bruised, a cut on his forehead. “Get out of here!” Argent yelled at us. 

I tensed when I smelled the scent. Her scent mixed up with the scent I’ve been smelling since we went out to find Argent. The Breserkers. Kate Argent walks in, all high and mighty. “Get out of the way, kids.” Kate tells us as she sets her sights on the morgue case behind us. “I'm taking the body.” 

“Why?” I asked as I put myself in front of Stiles and Scott's body. Even with the protection spell on it I was no way in hell I’m letting her get close. “Visual confirmation?” 

Kate almost laughs, she does laugh dryly. “Don't worry, honey–” I scowled at what she called me. Oh absolutely not. “I'm not the Benefactor.” 

“Then what do you want with the body?” Argent asked as he stood and made his way to us. “I wish I could tell you.” Kate takes a few steps toward us, and Argent immediately steps in, grabbing his sister and a gun, pointing it under her chin. I blinked back surprise but Kate didn’t seem surprised. “I always forget you carry two.” 

“Back off!” Argent yells at his sister. “You sure you can pull the trigger fast enough?” 

“I don't want to.” 

“You're not going to kill me.” 

“I'm not going to let you take his body.” 

Okay I’m totally not sick of their little banter. I mean I’m sick. “Okay, well... obviously, you guys have a lot to talk about.” Stiles said to try and break the tension. “So, maybe I saw some coffee, a vending machine, outside...?” 

“Listen to me, Kate-- we have a plan.” Argent tells his sister. “If killing Scott was part of it, you're worse than me.” Kate retorts. 

“He's telling the truth–” I told the woman, even if I didn’t feel like I owe her any type of explanation in the slightest. I really want to kill her right where she stands. Screw the damn rules. “We're trying to get to the Benefactor.” 

Argent nods. “If you didn't notice, you're on that list, too-- and you're worth more than most.” 

“That's why I'm here.” 

“Then back off and let us do what we planned.” Kate takes his arm and twists it to show the watch on his wrist that says we only have 3 more minutes. 3 more minutes before we can bring Scott back, or else he’ll really die. “Take the Berserkers and go. Kate, please. We have a plan.”