Weaponized - 2

In less than 30 minutes men in hazmat suits from the CDC arrived. It was like that scene straight out of ET. They covered the window with a plastic tarp, obstructing our view from the outside as they set up a quarantine. 

Our tests were postponed because of this. So the group and I, except Scott huddled around with theories. “Bet they're thinking smallpox…” Stiles suggested. 

“Not likely.” The only teacher in the room said overhearing. “Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. We've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest-- it killed cows.” 

“So, we should be comforted by that, right?” Stiles questioned with a nod.

"Unless it's something worse.” the teacher points out. Okay totally not digging this creepy teacher vibe he's got going on. 

“Whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously.” Malia said as she and I were listening to the outside people. There was a lot of commotion. It was almost hard to make out a few clear voices. “There are a lot of cars and trucks out there.” 

I nodded as I heard my dad's voice, along with Stilinski. “Your dad's with them and so is mine." I sat up when I heard another voice. McCall. Ah, so Stilinski, McCall and Hale. Wouldn't be bad if they didn't like McCall. But right now they sound more anxious than angry at each other. 

Stiles goes to the phones. “I should probably call him."

The teacher shakes his head. “Don't bother-- they would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now." How the hell does he know that? And why would they do that?

"No cell service, no WiFi, no one starting a panic. Looks like we're all just going to have to wait here and see what happens.” Well that was comforting. 

“Hey, are you feeling okay?” Stiles questioned as he pressed his hand to my forehead. “You're burning up.” I frowned. "Really?" I hadn't realized, but now that he brought it up I can feel the heat, the beads of sweat. "I'm fine."

"Guys," hissed a voice in my ear. Scott. "Izzie, Malia if you can hear me get the others and come to the locker room." Malia and I exchanged glances. What the hell was going on. We grabbed Kira and Stiles and left the classroom, the teacher didn't really care.

The entire school was on lockdown so we were really allowed free rein. We met with Scott, my mom and Kiras dad in the locker room. And on the way there things started to get weird. 

Mom and Mr. Yukimura shake their heads at Scott, who’s eyes were turning red and back. “It's still happening.” He's losing control. 

Malia holds up her hands to show her claws. “I can't make them go back.” I sighed as I looked at my teeth through my compact mirror. My fangs were out, if my mouth wasn't shaped to handle them it would've hurt. “I still look like a vampire.” 

“Obviously, the virus is affecting the four of you in a way it won't hit any human being.” Mr. Yukimura states. 

Stiles nods. “You guys have to stay out of sight-- we have to quarantine you from the quarantine.” 

Kira nods in agreement. “Yeah, but where? I mean, what if they get violent, like on a full moon?” 

“The Hale vault.” Mom and I answered. “The sign is just the primary entrance but here's a second entrance, accessible from the basement.” 

Stiles stumbled and I quickly caught him. I checked his wrist to see the same red spots everyone else had. “Whoa.” 

“It's happening to you, too.” Mr. Yukimura muttered. “You're getting sick-- you all are.” 

“I don't feel sick.” Kira said. “I think it's affecting you differently. Neurologically. I found your test answers here in a pile with the others.” 

He showed her the packet and it showed she was making circles in the wrong places. Seeing that we all headed down for the basement. It was a good thing we were already done because the purple pisconics started to cover my hands. 

“Isabelle help me with this.” Mom called, pointing at a bookcase. We pushed the bookcase aside to show the others the wall that had our Triskelion symbol on it. “This is the entrance.” Mom tells the others. There was a smaller Triskelion in the center, the keyhole if you will. Well, the claw hole. 

“Um…” Mom and I turned to Malia. “Malia, could you try to open it?” 

She frowned. “Why me?” 

“We don’t have control.” Lie. If it works for her then, well then she really is a Hale. 

“Okay. I'll do it.” She agreed. “But, first, tell me what you've been hiding from me.” We all exchanged glances. What? Mom knows that we haven't told her the truth yet, and this isn't how I imagined actually telling her. 

“I know you think you're trying to protect me, but I can handle it.” She said confident. “I know I'm on the list!” 

My eyes went wide but I nodded, taking the excuse she just used. “Yes!” Malia shrugs. “So, how much?” 

“How much what?” Stiles asked, confused. “How much am I worth?” 

“Four million,” Scott answered. 

“Are you okay?” Malia nods. “Yeah. Scott's worth twenty-five-- Kira, six. Hale is 20 and Isabelle is 50. They'll take you guys out way before me.” 

My jaw almost dropped to the ground as she went past us to the wall. “That's progress.” Stiles whispered, trying to sound convincing. “That's progress.” 

Malia puts her claws in the Triskelion, which causes a spark. That was already a sign. When she twists it opens. Mom and I exchanged looks. She was a Hale. It was officially confirmed. We really are related to her.

We all stepped inside the vault, Stiles and Lydia were already here before but not the others. The vault was empty and cold, with a few cobwebs and shelves filled with artifacts or things we just shoved in here for the extra storage. 

Despite my fever that was seeming to just increase, I held my arms out. Motioning to space. “Welcome to the vault.”