117 - 4

"What the hell is the vault?" Stiles asked as he rushed up to look out the window. "Scott and your mom are on their way now." I whirl to him when he mentions the vault.

"The vault? That's what they said?"

Stiles nods. "Yeah, what's in the vault?"

"I'll tell you on the way!" I tell him, grabbing his arm and running with him out of the house to get to his car.

He started the jeep up and on the way we picked up Lydia because we might need her. Better safe than sorry. And then I explained to the both of them what the vault was.

"It's a secret vault that belongs to my family." I told them as Stiles drove to the school. "It's under the school."

"What?!" Stiles asked, shocked as he drove. "You have a vault?"

"Yes! That's why she made Derek young," I realized. "Because if he still trusts her, he'll open the vault for her!"

The bitch was evil but she was clever. I'll give her that. But how does she even know about the vault in the first place? And what the hell does she even want?

"But why can't she just open it?" Lydia questioned.

"Because the vault is protected." I explained, I extended the claws in my hand to explain the next part. "Only the claws of a Hale can open it."

When we get to the school, Stiles has his baseball bat in hand. Which Lydia commented on. As we ran to the school sign, I caught the sound of nearby fighting and roaring. They were in trouble.

"Get to the vault!" I yelled at Stiles and Lydia as I began to kick my shoes off and Lydia's jacket. "What are you doing?!"

"Just go!" Lydia pulls Stiles and makes him go with her towards the vault. I stripped down to my underwear. I've been practicing. Malias has been helping me. And right now I need it. I focused and felt my surroundings change, probably because I was shrinking.

It was easy to turn into a wolf. It actually felt very natural the more I did it. And this time I can actually remember what I do. And I'm conscious.

Right now I am down on four paws. I've the average shape of a wolf and everything through this body is heightened. I can smell better, hear better. Run better. I take off quickly towards the sounds of fighting.

When I got there, Scott, Malia and Kira were all being cornered by these creatures. Made from what looks like bones and weeds. They had the same smell from the creature in the church yesterday. Kate.

I jumped on one of the creatures, sinking my teeth into its protective cover. Whatever it was it sure stank. They shake and throw me off, but I use my claws to keep me steady. I growled and barked at them.

God I feel like such a dog

God I feel like such a dog. I saw Derek run up to join the fight, which sort of worried me because that left mom and Peter with Kate in the vault.

He ran to help with the creatures, and I ran at them again. I claw and bite anywhere I can as Derek kicks and does the same. They were considerably stronger than us, but who cares. Suddenly there was a roar, a very loud one that drew the creature's attention and they ran to it.

It probably belonged to Kate. I looked next to me to see Derek bigger than he just was. It takes me a second to realize he was back to normal. Back to the 24 year old I knew and loved. I guess it must have been a 24 hour kind of thing.

Derek looked down at me confused. He probably didn't know it was me. I told the others about my new ability, but I didn't get to tell him seeing as he was well gone.

I don't say anything, I can't anyway in this form. I made my eyes glow in response and his eyes went wide. Great, now that he knows it's me. I turn and run for the girls locker room. Which despite its name is never actually locked. It takes me a second to turn back. Like I said, I'm still practicing.

But once I did so, I changed into the clothes that were in my locker. I am so glad I left them here. As soon as I finished changing, I went back to find the others. That were still collecting themselves from the battle with whatever the hell does creatures where.

"It's good to have you back," I told Derek as I embraced him, relieved that he was back to his normal senses. Derek nods. "Since when have you been able to do that?" He means the whole turning into an actual wolf thing.

"A small while now. You've missed a lot." Derek nods. "Clearly."

Stiles, Mom, and Lydia rushed up but Peter was nowhere in sight. Must've fled.

"They took it, they took it while we were blind." Mom said, clenching a fist in anger.

"What are you talking about?" Scott asked. "They got robbed." Stiles clarified. My jaw drops. No. He can't be serious.

"How much did they take?" Malia asked.

"117." Derek mumbled under his breath, but we could all hear him.

"Thousand?" Kira asked in a nervous shocked voice.

Derek and I shake our heads. The Hale Vault was basically a storage space. We've never really used it in years. But it's a vault. That protects the one thing all vaults have in common. Valuables. In our case, Bear Bonds.

Our family helped build this town, and I wasn't lying when I told Stiles we were secretly rich.

"Million."