The Benefactor - 3

“I'm not sharing my basement.” Malia denied. All of us stood in between the school buses for privacy to talk about what we were going to do about Liam. 

“Actually, it's my basement,” Lydia reminded her. She points between me and Malia. “And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time.” 

“But we're going to use the boathouse for Liam.” Scott told Lydia. “It's got support beams-- we can chain him to one of them.”

“But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?” Kira questioned. It was definitely a good question because Liam isn't going to talk to me or the boys because of what we did. Even though we did it for a very good reason he just doesn't understand it yet. 

“I say, if it keeps him from murdering someone, we chloroform the little bastard and throw him in the lake.” Stiles suggested and Malia agreed with him. These two always take the most distinct paths possible. 

“We're not killing or kidnapping him!” Scott exclaimed. We already did that once. Didn't turn out so well. 

“Then let's be smarter.” Lydia said. “We tell him there's a party and invite him.”

I frowned at her. “So, you're going to ask out a freshman?” It was a good plan, since most freshmen are dying to be a part of that Beacon Hills high social life. 

Lydia shakes her head. “No-- I'm done with teenage boys. But, if we're playing a trick on someone... why not use the trickster?” 

We all turned to Kira since she was the trickster spirit in the group. “Who, me?“ she asked with wide eyes. “No way. Not me.” 

Lydia nods. “Yes, you! You know what they call a female fox? A vixen!” 

“Me?” Kira still questioned in disbelief. Lydia and I smile at her. I put my arms around her shoulder and tried to encourage her. “You can do it, Kira." I encouraged her with Lydia. "Be a vixen!” 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

“I just talked to Kira.” Scott says as he arrives on Lydia's property with his dirt bike. “She's on her way. She said it's all going fine.” Great.

So Kira did manage to convince Liam to come with her for a party. The things hormonal teenage boys will do for a hot girl. 

“It's not that…” Stiles said anxiously as he approached. “I have to tell you something. I asked around about Liam. I know why he got kicked out of his last school.” 

Scott sighs. “This is going to be bad, isn't it?” 

I nodded. “He kind of got into it with one of his teachers." Stiles and I figured this all out after school, a few connections from my mom's teacher friends in the County got us some very interesting and concerning information.

"Liams got some serious anger issues.” Which aren't helpful in a werewolf. Especially a bitten one. 

“How serious?” 

Stiles pulls out his phone to show him a picture of a vandalized car with the words “this is your fault” spray painted on it.

For a human at the time, Liam did a surprising amount of damage. “Well, that's his teacher's car... after he took a crowbar to it.” 

Scott groans. Stiles pats his back. "Don't worry buddy, I'm sure we can figure this all out." We have to anyway if we want Liam to survive.

We all went inside, lining up in front of the fireplace that looks directly to the front door. Kira and Liam were already here. I could hear them talking outside.