A promise to the dead - 1

I grumbled a curse word under my breath as I teared myself away from Stiles to slam the snooze button on his alarm clock. I was more than okay with sleeping in even with school, but unfortunately Stiles has practice today for the big game tonight. 

A week or two ago, the Deadpool was finally shut down. The assassins had left, Derek was still alive, we were still alive. Even Malia started talking to me again after I had apologized and she did too for what she had said about my family.

Her family. This is still a little hard to grasp, knowing that we were cousins and all. But at least she wasn't ignoring me now. Everything for once seemed to be going great. 

I'm supposed to meet Lydia and Malia at school today so we can get to Economics and then for once talk about normal highschool stuff. Like making signs for the boys during their game tonight. 

Lydia had all the materials, Malia said she would use her claws to cut stuff out. Don't know how that would work but she's adjusting better. Kira had a date with Scott so I doubt they would be here during school. 

I turned over to see Stiles mouth open while he slept, drool leaking out of it and I almost shriek knowing that it could have fallen into my own hair at any given point last night. 

I looked at the clock again. Are you serious? That's how fast narrating goes by? "Stiles," I whispered. Nudging him a little bit to wake him up. But he was so still, if it wasn't for him still drooling I'd think he was dead. 

“Stiles!” I yelled at my boyfriend, trying to wake him up. I shake him awake. Or try to. “Stiles!” 

“Hmmm?” Stiles groaned but he didn't wake up. Keeping his mouth open and remaining still. “You've got an early morning practice for the big game tomorrow, remember?” I reminded him with a pointed look. 

Stiles turned over and groaned, mumbling under his breath. I swear. “STILES!” 

I smiled with an idea, climbing up and turning him over before pulling his lips to mine. Now he's fully awake to kiss me back. Putting one of his hands right behind my neck to keep me in place. “What are you doing?" Stiles asked as he pulled away, fully awake now.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet.” I shrugged, “I don't care.” I have smelled far worse than a simple morning breath. Stiles smiled and pulled me back in. However before we could even get anywhere my phone started to ring loudly. 

"Oh come on!" Stiles whined as he wrapped his arms around me to keep me glued to his side. "Stiles I have to answer." I laughed as I tried to separate from him. "It could be an emergency!" 

"It's always one thing or another." He complained before reluctantly letting me go. I climbed off to get my phone from the nightstand, answering Lydia's call. 

"Hey Lyds." I greeted cheerfully as I hopped off Stiles' bed. "Isa…" Lydia said before stopping herself. I frowned at the way she said my name. With worry and regret. "Lydia what is it?" 

Lydia took a breath. "It's about Derek." 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Derek Samuel Hale!" I shout as I throw open the loft door. Inside, Derek sits on the couch with Scott's gym bag that had Peter and Coras side of the money in bags. I paused, looking from Scott to Derek. I don't have time for this. 

"I know Lydia was here last night!" I yelled as I marched up to Derek. Derek sighed annoyed as he looked down.

"Hey Deatons, still working on figuring out what Kate did to him." Scott reminded me, trying his best to calm me and back me down from Derek but it wasn't really working.