Muted - 3

“Finally!” I exclaimed when Scott picked up the phone. After we found the dead body in one of the bags, Parrish called in backup and it turns out the rest of those bags also had dead bodies.

From the looks of it they were homeless people or junkies. People that no one would miss. We had to go to the station with Parrish who asked us questions and all the kind of routine stuff. 

He had just taken Lydia back to her house via police escort, but I had just escaped the prying eyes of Torres. 

“What is it? What’s wrong?” 

“The family that was murdered." I said as I rushed to my car and got in. "Lydia and I found a bunch of dead bodies inside the house!” 

“What?” 

“I couldn’t get away from the deputy." I say as I turn my car on and peeled out of the parking lot.

"I already called my parents but Scott, that family wasn’t murdered for fun. They were murdered because they were Wendigos!” 

“What is that?” 

“They eat flesh. Human flesh." I gave him the short answer. I've never actually seen Wendigo, and I never want to. They eat human flesh. Which is why they had a meat locker in their home.

There are a lot of different versions of the origins of Wendigo, and to be honest I don't know which is real or not. I can't believe there was an entire family of Wendigos living in Beacon Hills. 

"You have to find Sean Walcott. He’s at the hospital I'm already on my way."

“I’m at the hospital.” Scott said with sudden dread. Oh no. Hospitals are basically the hunting ground for Wendigos. All those dead people. But if he's been there all day he won't care if they are dead or not. 

“You have to get to him before he kills someone!”

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

When I managed to get to the hospital, it wasn't what I expected. I run up the fire escape that leads to the roof and run in. There was a surprising amount of blood in Sean Walcots hospital room, and a very frantic Melissa, covered in blood, told me that Scott was up here with him and a kid. 

On the roof, Scott stands over a now dead Sean Walcott. And what I think was the kid from Lacrosse earlier this morning. "What the hell happened?!" I demanded to know as I rushed to Scott.

He didn't look hurt. "This guy with no mouth came and threw the axe at him." Scott explained, still in shock. 

An axe and a murder. Oh my god. We are actually dealing with a hunter. And a Mute one? I didn't remember Liam was here till he let out a hiss of pain.

I narrow my eyes to see he's holding his bloody arm, his bloody arm that has bite marks. 

My eyes went wide and I turned to Scott who looked down ashamed. "You bit him?" 

Scott nods. "I had to or he was going to die!" 

That's not even what I'm worried about. Well I am but Araya clearly threatened him if something like this ever happened.

Oh my god.