Chapter 2

Stiles POV
As I dial Scott's number, I can't stop worrying about Y/N. I couldn't help but feel bad for some reason. It'll probably disappear later, but for now, this annoying urge to know my sister's well-being, has to be dealt with.

"What's up man?" I hear Scott ask.

"Please tell me Y/N is with you,"

"No, why? is she gone?"

"More like disappeared! Come on, Scott. We should've known she'd run off after we made Liam—"

"Don't remind me," he grunts lowly. "Did you tell your dad?"

"No, I'm not going to."

"Stiles." Scott says seriously, in a clear tone.

"He'll have the whole LAPD out looking for her, Scott. I'm sure we can handle a little teen romance — I mean how much could they have really liked each other?"

"You're right, but we can't leave her out there alone, Stiles. You know that,"

"Why do you think I called you? I'll bring one of her shirts,"

"Okay, come pick me up and we'll go looking for her— Stiles?"

I can already tell by the tone of his voice what's on his mind. I hadn't heard that tone in a while. I've learned to adapt quickly to Scott's instincts. Whenever he has unsettling feelings, it usually means something is coming. It was almost that time again.

"Yeah?"

"Does anything feel different to you?"

I was somehow expecting him to ask me this question. Not only because I could feel it too, but maybe because I was waiting for him to finally ask me this. Before, we were nobody's, living normal boring lives — except when we run into the supernatural wheel of misfortune now and again — but Scott's right. Now it's different again.

"I'll pick you up in ten minutes,"

{...}

Y/n's POV
I was half expecting them to drop me off at a hospital and be done with me, but what I wasn't expecting was them offering me somewhere to stay considering it was so late. I didn't see the point in declining, so instead, I thank those of the ones I could see within the darkness of the van.

"I really am sorry, chick," says the driver as he sends me genuine empathic frowns. I grin at him softly, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"You're all good. I should've been more aware of my surroundings," I reply and he nods reluctantly.

"Can I ask how you got that?" He asks, using his eyes to point to my bite.

I look down at the covered wound, screwing my face at the bloods slowly but inevitably seeps through the bandage. "I think I may have crossed paths with a bored Mountain Lion," I sigh, leaning back in my seat, trying not to bump the two girls beside me.

My eyes manage to sneakily catch a glimpse of Camila beside me. I felt oddly thankful for the streetlights supplying flashes of light that gave me a proper introduction of Camila's features. Her brunette locks brush against my shoulder, making me in between irritated and comforted. It's not that I wanted to push her hair off my shoulder, it was just really soft and making goosebumps form unnecessarily.

She catches me staring and blushes, focusing on her phone in her lap. I respect her by moving my focus to the van slowing down. I frown when I notice my school entrance. We pass the library car park, taking the right exit into the boarding house parking lot.