chapter thirty-eight : why?

Hey guys once again like to say thanks but that's not what I need to add here ... I'm letting you guys know that chapters for this book will slow down because of a new book I'm writing at the same time ... Don't think I have stopped I love this book and you guys have inspired me to continue it so if there are moments where there is a gap of one or two days without a chapter it's because I'm working on that book.a

Astral p.o.v

My talk with Marcel was weird ... Even I didn't feel like my self for some reason I kept having memories of an older man a scientist who really wants peace, I think his thoughts kept meshing with mine making me think differently he was very curious so I ended up observing the anti titan cannon.

Once I left Marcel the memories faded and I felt normal again ... Now I had the urge to talk to Zeke he's good at hiding his memories from me, I need to know why ... Why would he do this? He knew I saw him like a father figure ever since he convinced me to snitch on my parents I looked up to him ... It's true I would have disagreed with his plan ... Because I want to have a family I want to grow up and grow old knowing I'll have grand children to carry my legacy on.

And yes I know I'm gay and have a boyfriend so having children is harder but there are ways. It took some time but I finally made it to the captains quarters, both Reiner and Annie were waiting at the door guarding it when they saw me they saluted "you don't need to salute I'm not any more special as you" I stated as I walked past them.

I entered the room and I was surprised to see Zeke in the captains bed and that the captains bed wasn't a disgusting mess like the crew would have instead it felt like a hotel room with green walls, it had many pictures that the captain had showing that he had a good relationship with his crew, I slowly walked forwards toward Zeke who was placed so that he was leaning up on the head board.

"Hello Zeke ... I think it's time we talk" I stated he looked at me with rage filled eyes but he didn't speak at all, "oh the silent treatment how nice ... If you don't want to talk I can have Ymir make that a permanent fact" I stated and he looked at me with even more anger "FUCK YOU!!!" he shouted before attempting to spit at me but it just landed onto his own chest.

"Now there's no need to be so violent I'm here to talk ... I need to know Zeke" I sat onto the bed while picking up a photo that showed the captain and his family, "why? .... Why betray me? .... I looked up to you ... And I saw you as a father figure almost so why?" I stated not having the nerve to look Zeke in the face while saying that, "BECAUSE YOU'RE AN IDIOT ... you would have continued the cycle of war and you have and still will ... You talk about how you want peace but you use the founding titan to invade ... It's true I betrayed you heck ... I even informed eren that you was looking for him" Zeke stated.

"Their plan was all about capturing you and getting their queen to eat you" he stated through gritted teeth, "well ... That would have been a bad idea ... First ... All titan shifters would die ... And a new curse would be made ... That killed people after six months because I was the founding titan for at least that long and you all have had your Titans for far longer" I explained to him.

"But at least you was honest and I respect that about you ... Even when paralyzed you have the balls to stand up to me" I stated placing the picture down, "when we get back to Marley I will choose someone who will replace you" I stated and it was perfect timing as well cause it seems our talk was longer then I thought because a voice called out through a speaker "attention all crew we will be landing near Marley shortly I suggest you start strapping down any items preparing for landing" the captain stated before there was a beep and the speakers stopped.

"We should strap you down but I think I'd get a laugh if you fell off this bed" I stated standing up, I started to walk away "stop this ... End me ... This is a living hell" Zeke was begging for death for death which brought music to my ears, "your end won't be by hand but by the teeth of an eldian turned titan" I stated to him not looking at him, he started to scream "I HHHHAAAAATTTTE YOU!!!" but again this was music to my ears hearing the fear in his voice.

I started to head towards the bridge informing Annie and Reiner that if they hear a bump it's probably because Zeke isn't strapped down but they should always check just incase, once I made it to the bridge I walked right up to the captain "why hello there wasn't expecting you here" the captain stated, "do you have anyway of contacting Marley" I asked he looked at me confused but he pointed over to a radio that was manned by a women.

The women was in the middle of talking to someone "yes sir ... Astral is safe and sound Mr tybur ... Oh actually he's right here" she stated looking at me she then handed me the radio, "hello astral the founding titan here" I stated which got a chuckle out of the male over the other side "ah astral ... I must apologize for you capture I'm sorry that our warriors were useless ... I will have both porco and Marcel replaced" the voice of will tybur started to me.

"NO!! they are not at fault ... It was Zeke who is to blame ... He alerted the eldians from paradise Island about all our plans and even attempted to assassinate me I'd like for multiple guards to be sent as I fear that Zeke may have had a back up plan" I informed not taking much of a breath, "hmm I see ... I will not allow such treason on a royalty to go on without punishment ... I'll send a whole military convoy to pick you up and to be double careful me and miss tybur will be attending this convoy to talk with you" he stated sounding slightly sinister.

Once he said that the radio went to static and I was left confused, scared, mad and everything in-between it was almost overwhelming.