Chapter 1

We get back from a place that I don't even know how to describe it. The walls were sprayed with smiles and "we knew you would be here" and all of our names.
"Guys put this stuff in the vault. I need to have a chat with sky about something," Matt told the group, handing them some evidence we got back.
"Okay, call us when you are done," Sam replied as she and the rest of the group went to the vault.
"Yes, Matt?" I asked, worried about what Matt needed with me, especially away from the group.
"It's deb, she wants to speak with you about something that we found at that weird location" Matt whispered, holding his phone in his hand. I know I've heard that name before, she sounded familiar, like I've met her before or heard her name before I came to Spellbound.
"Okay?" I say, taking the phone from Matt and walking into another room so I could hear her better.
"Hello?" I ask, waiting for her voice, my body was shaking, what would she want from me?
"Is this sky?" a woman's voice asked. It was Deb, and I swear I've heard that voice before.
"Yes, this is her, why did you need to speak with me? Out of everyone here, me?" I ask, my voice shaking more with every word.
"Get quiet, I can't let them hear you when you say stuff like that... goddammit," Deb replied, sounding frustrated and scared. I'm really worried about her, she seems really stressed out.
"What's wrong, Deb?" I asked, lowering my voice due to her command.
"It's Syphus, he says that you're a friend or family member of his," Deb whispered, almost like she was being heard. The room started spinning, I can't believe this. How does Syphus know me? Has he seen me before? Have I been an experiment and I don't remember? I have so many questions running through my head. I have to stay calm, I don't want the others to worry about me.
"What the hell, I've never seen this guy in real life!" I whisper yell, grabbing a chair to gain balance.
"Let's cut to the chase, did you find a file on Syphus when you went to the old lab?" Deb asked in a stern yet calm tone. I could tell she is trying to help me calm down but it isn't working.
"Yes... Why?" I ask, sitting in the chair and looking out the window.
"Grab that and tell me when you have it," Deb commands. I immediately jump up and run to the vault, pushing past the group who are already asking questions.
"Ok, I have his file. Why did you want me to grab it?" I ask opening the vanilla file. The file wasn't in the best condition so I had to be careful about opening it, I don't want to break it.
"Look back through it until you see the file about you," Deb told me, trying to make it sound less creepy than it is. I start flipping through all the files. It's strange that most of the information has been blacked out or ripped out.
"What the hell?" I mutter to myself, as I get to the part about me. I flip through pages of information that no one should know about me. I don't know how he got all this information and why we haven't seen it before.
"Yeah, there's a lot, he wanted to keep a lot of tabs on you," Deb explains as I stare in shock.
"So what the fuck do you want me to do about this? I don't wanna meet up with a guy that's hopped up on serum, even after the mind control is gone. Should I tell Matt and the team?" I ask, tears forming in my eyes. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Even better, what has he done to me?
"You can tell Matt because he's somehow 'friends' with Syphus, but not the team. they will freak out if you do, we do not want this on their minds," Deb says, clearly concerned for all of us.
"Okay, I will call you later then. I guess with what went down you'll want an update," I reply, racing down the stairs to get back to Matt.
"Have a nice day Sky, and remember to breathe," Deb says before hanging up on me. I sigh and make my way to Matt.
"Hey, Matt?" I say as I walk up to him. He looks at me and can immediately tell something is off.
"Yes, sky? Are you okay? You look scared," Matt askes rushing up to me and placing a hand on my shoulder.
"Can I talk with you in the conference room real quick?" I asked, fidgeting with my shirt.
"Of course, I'll tell the gang to relax down here while we chat," Matt adds as he walks upstairs to talk to the others. I make my way into the conference room and wait for Matt. He soon arrives and sits across from me.
"So... me and Syphus are somehow fucking related and I don't know how. He wants to meet me and I'm fucking scared," I blurt out, my mind starts racing again and I start asking the same questions I asked myself to Matt.
"Hey, calm down kid, you're safe okay?" Matt says placing a hand on mine to comfort me,"I will go with you,"
"Okay" I manage to breathe out through my panicked breaths.

Matt and I make our way downstairs to meet with the others. I managed to calm down a little, I didn't want them to worry about me too much. Matt got me a glass of water and explained the situation to the group. Not the entire thing, obviously. He mainly said that we found files about me and that we are going to look for more information. The others were shocked and scared for me. Bailey and Sam got up and gave me a group hug, soon followed by Woods and Matt. It was nice to feel safe after the news I had just received, but this won't last long. I feel terrible about not being able to tell the truth but it's for their safety, and my own.