Chapter 25

Alex's POV

"Darn it," I say to myself as Mars leaves Blue Base. What did I do? Mars said it, I wasn't even here the past month.
"What now?" I ask the rest of the team.
"Aren't you gonna go after them?" Sam asks.
"I'm probably the last person they'd wanna see right now." I say. The others nod. I look over to Woods to see him staring at the ground.
"Woods, maybe you should go check on Mars, I mean, you are their brother," I say.
"Sure, I'll get them to come back here, hopefully," Woods says as he walks out of Blue Base. Matt stands up and catches Woods outside. I can't really make out what they're saying, but I heard the words "worried", "protect", and "others".
"What're they talking about out there?" I ask.
After about a minute or two of silence in Blue Base, Matt comes back and sits down.
"What was that about, Matt?" Sam asks, looking over at Matt.
"It was nothing, I just knew Woods was worried about Mars so I just wanted to talk to him about it. Ya know. I've never met someone who can get angrier than Woods." Matt jokes, trying to lighten the mood.
"Alex, are you okay? I know that was a lot to take in." Sam asks, sitting next to me.
"Yeah, I'm fine, I feel terrible though," I reply, looking to the ground. The group nods, understanding what I'm feeling.
"Mars has been ignoring me all day, all week even. I don't really know what happened but I still feel terrible," I express, the mood darkening.
"Don't worry about it, Alex. I think it's a Demars thing," Sam replies and smiles as she hugs me.
"Thanks, Sam, and I'm sorry about.... Everything," I confess, looking at the group.
"There's no need to apologize, it wasn't your fault." Bailey tells me, that helps me calm down a bit. But deep down, I know Nelson is here, somewhere, lurking. He may not be able to control me anymore, but I can still feel him.
Suddenly, I hear a car pull up to the studio.
"Matt, was anybody else supposed to come in today?" I ask.
"No, nobody was. I'll go answer it." Matt says, putting his coffee down and going to answer the door.
I heard faint talking, but one thing I know I heard was my name. I got up quickly, to see who it was. It was the police.
"Hey officer," I said, coming to the front door.
"Hi, are you Alex Fekete?" He asks.
"Yes, I am, why?" I reply.
"You mind turning around for me?" The officer asked.
"What? Am I being arrested?" I ask, in shock.
"I'll explain everything on the way to the station," The officer said.
"You can at least confirm or deny if I'm being arrested," I demand.
"You are being arrested, can you turn around?" The officer asked.
"What?" I say, turning around.
"Officer, I don't get it, Alex was with us today and yesterday." Matt says.
I feel the cold metal of the handcuffs as they click.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law," The officer states, walking me out of Blue Base.

Mars' POV

"Come in Woods," I say. He opens the door and takes a seat.
"Listen, about back there-" Woods begins but I cut him off.
"That was Alex's fault, not mine," I say.
"It isn't anybody's fault. But you gotta understand that Alex was under mind control for the past month. His actions during that time weren't his." Woods says, trying to get me to understand.
"He still doesn't understand what WE went through." I say, as someone opens the door. It was Matt.
"Guys, you need to come to Blue Base NOW." He demands.
"What happened Matt?" Woods asks.
"Alex got arrested, for no apparent reason," Matt says.
"What?!" Woods yelled.
"Come on Mars," Woods says.
"I'll be there in a minute," I say.
Woods turned around and looked at me for a second, it felt uncomfortable.
"Listen Mars, I know you hate him right now, but he's still your friend. And he just got arrested. Are you gonna come or not?" Woods asks me.
"Let's go," I said, getting up.

"What happened?" Woods asked.
"I don't know, a cop car pulled up and asked for Alex, and then just arrested him," Sky said.
"Sam, are you okay?" Matt asks.
"No, not really," Sam responds, sitting down.
Alex's POV

After an hour of waiting in a room, I started to get uncomfortable. Why am I here? What did I do? I tried to get the handcuffs off until someone came into the room.
"Hello, Alex," The person said.
It took me a second to figure out who that was. The person on the phone call. Gary Reynolds.